THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JimmyAFC

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by JimmyAFC »

Nick Bendtners Ego wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:37 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:24 am
There are huge amounts of money floating through Arsenal. Our wage bill is massive but apart from that we should easily be able to sign Lemar for 70 Million.
Where on earth is all the cash going. We can't compete with Man United but we can and should be doing loads more to improve the team.
Wenger and our board are doing nothing to improve the team.
The thing is though, one player, albeit a decent one won't make a slight of difference in the bigger picture of things. We seen how a good player like Sanchez made a difference up to a point but ultimately has got wore down and browned off with Wenger and the club masquerading as something its not. If we could quantom leap Messi in his prime to now he would some how mismanage him ffs. The small tumour that was present in 05/06 is now an unstoppable cancer that has taken over the body of the club and the only thing that Wenger and the board are doing other than alienating a vast number of supporters is improving their bank balance.
Exactly right.

Another thing that is getting right up my goat is the constant referral to the invincible's from past players.

It's over. The invincible's was done 10 plus years ago. Forget about what he did then. He has failed for 12 years and should be judged on merits during this period.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal's squad size is "not manageable" in its current state.

Well who's fault is that Arsene?, the 4th official?, the referee?, the hostile environment?, the special circumstances?.

:roll:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:21 am
Arsene Wenger says Arsenal's squad size is "not manageable" in its current state.

Well who's fault is that Arsene?, the 4th official?, the referee?, the hostile environment?, the special circumstances?.

:roll:
That line the fossil uses "I did not see it" could be used for his last 12 years of mismanagement.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Last season proved we needed massive change in personal. So far we have only 2 changes to our squad. We could also lose our best player. Why does Wenger not spend more. He is 67 and under massive scrutiny

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:08 pm
Last season proved we needed massive change in personal. So far we have only 2 changes to our squad. We could also lose our best player. Why does Wenger not spend more. He is 67 and under massive scrutiny
He is not under massive scrutiny though.
He is just starting a 2 year contract during which he does not need to win any trophies.

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Last season proved we needed massive change in personnel. So far we have only 2 changes to our squad. We could also lose our best player. Why does Wenger not spend more. He is 67 and under massive scrutiny
Unfortunately most of it was needed in the off field departments such as coaches, manager, CEO etc.
Here we are and everything is still the same with the same results. What is it they say about the definition of insanity??

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:43 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
He is not under massive scrutiny though.
He is just starting a 2 year contract during which he does not need to win any trophies.
He's under no scrutiny from anyone,a few disgruntled Arsenal fans and a few media people who give him a bit of a hard time,the c*nt deserves a lot more scrutiny from people asking him why he isnt accountable for too many issues I can't be bothered to list,we all know what they are,but from the people who really truly matter he's untouchable,Arsene Wenger will walk out on this club once Arsene Wenger chooses to,no matter the lack of success or a true title challenge,

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

No wonder that old fucker does not want Sanchez to leave, he is literally carrying that load of shite he has assembled
The only one with pride and a real will to win... yes he is lost in that fucking bunch of unaccountable crap playing in "paradise" at the Arsenal

Fucking Wellbeck...FFS is he a striker why does he shit himself in front of goal????
so many poor players he has in that team....Wally, Iwobi, Xaha, Coquelin, Montreal and Cech ...you cannot win a title with dross like that

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

#UsmanovIN (Corporate restructuring needs no transfer window) :barscarf:

This is my mantra. I don't know if this page is Wenger in or out...1st time here..but i'm hoping you guys want to cause REAL CHANGE!!!

I think both side can agree...even TY that Kronke should go so #Kronke out....but thats 2 negative...preaching hate!!!

so lets not do that...lest have positive messages only!!!

Positive banner for real change...the protest were so powerful people all over the would got into it & one MILLIONAIRE fan & share holder Usmanov answered with a serious bid! but the NEGATIVE protests affected Wenger, the team, the fans.

POSITIVE PROTEST.....#UsmanovIN #AlikoIN (Corporate restructuring needs no transfer window)

No negative all positive...TY endorsed. No 'mentally unprepared' players...would not affect Wenger, palyers, fans IN or OUT..
POSITIVE VIBES in the stadium all the way through!!!

& the best part...don;t have to wait 2yrs...managers have contracts, players have windows

But Owners can change OVERNIGHT!!! :shock: 8) :barscarf:
#UsmanovIN (Corporate restructuring needs no transfer window)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Zanatos3 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:13 pm

This is my mantra. I don't know if this page is Wenger in or out...1st time here..but i'm hoping you guys want to cause REAL CHANGE!!!

I think both side can agree...even TY that Kronke should go so #Kronke out....but thats 2 negative...preaching hate!!!

so lets not do that...lest have positive messages only!!!

Positive banner for real change...the protest were so powerful people all over the would got into it & one MILLIONAIRE fan & share holder Usmanov answered with a serious bid! but the NEGATIVE protests affected Wenger, the team, the fans.

POSITIVE PROTEST.....#UsmanovIN #AlikoIN (Corporate restructuring needs no transfer window)

No negative all positive...TY endorsed. No 'mentally unprepared' players...would not affect Wenger, palyers, fans IN or OUT..
POSITIVE VIBES in the stadium all the way through!!!

& the best part...don;t have to wait 2yrs...managers have contracts, players have windows

But Owners can change OVERNIGHT!!! :shock: 8) :barscarf:
#UsmanovIN (Corporate restructuring needs no transfer window)

Hey buddy....put the cap back on the bottle huh...fuck me.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 pm

He's actually right though, anything that goes on at the club while under the current regime, on or off the field, is pretty much futile as there is no tangible ambition other than profit.

It's why I am in two minds as to how I feel about people who still buy tickets etc. on one hand I feel sorry for them wasting their time and money to watch "project 4th", on the other I'm annoyed because they are financing the regime, maybe they feel more emotional attachment to the club than me, I understand that, there was a time when I felt that way, but the last decade or so has worn me down to the point of not really caring, ultimately if there is no real drive from the top down what is the point of caring?.

I'm not sure a takeover by an ambitous owner would even bring back what has gone, the game has changed so much, generally for the worse, at least though it would be interesting if nothing else, currently it's a bit like watching repeats of a TV show you have seen every year for the last 10 years, zzzzzzzzzzz....

I do laugh when people still get really angry etc. because there simply is no point, if you are angry take it out on "the club" by not financing the corrupt regime!.

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:19 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 pm

He's actually right though, anything that goes on at the club while under the current regime, on or off the field, is pretty much futile as there is no tangible ambition other than profit.

It's why I am in two minds as to how I feel about people who still buy tickets etc. on one hand I feel sorry for them wasting their time and money to watch "project 4th", on the other I'm annoyed because they are financing the regime, maybe they feel more emotional attachment to the club than me, I understand that, there was a time when I felt that way, but the last decade or so has worn me down to the point of not really caring, ultimately if there is no real drive from the top down what is the point of caring?.

I'm not sure a takeover by an ambitous owner would even bring back what has gone, the game has changed so much, generally for the worse, at least though it would be interesting if nothing else, currently it's a bit like watching repeats of a TV show you have seen every year for the last 10 years, zzzzzzzzzzz....

I do laugh when people still get really angry etc. because there simply is no point, if you are angry take it out on "the club" by not financing the corrupt regime!.
People have a right to be angry regardless if they finance the club or not. I don't go anymore but I am still angry about the way the club is run. Everything is in place to be a serious force in the premier league and in Europe, yet we don't bother. That makes me angry.

The original poster is wrong in his assertion that the "NEGATIVE protests affected Wenger, the team, the fans". It didn't. Wenger's own contract situation affected the players far more than any protest and he now admits it. The division in the fans has been there for years and will continue until the day Wenger leaves. It is caused by the continuing failure of team and the failure of the manager to address the issues.

IMO he also wrong that holding up UsmanovIn banners will have any affect. We have two billionaires in charge and it is up to one billionaire to make the other one the right financial offer (or another billionaire if Usmanov loses interest). The sad thing is that it has got to this situation in the first place.

But the main problem is that the poster totally fails to grasp the level of apathy in our fanbase. They will not do anything.

On a side note, whether you want to admit it or not you do actually care otherwise why bother posting regularly on an Arsenal forum. :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:39 pm

But the main problem is that the poster totally fails to grasp the level of apathy in our fanbase. They will not do anything.

On a side note, whether you want to admit it or not you do actually care otherwise why bother posting regularly on an Arsenal forum. :wink:
Agreed - the apathy will kill us.

I do care yes but nowhere near as much as I used to 5, 10, 20 years ago.

Zanatos3

Post by Zanatos3 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm
NickF wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Agreed - the apathy will kill us.

I do care yes but nowhere near as much as I used to 5, 10, 20 years ago.
I hear alot of you guys...I'm glad and yes i do care...don't live in London, to far and 2 expensive to travel to the Emoriates but i grew to love the club & the history...not the RECENT history.
APATHY...I agree...even though i've never been to the stadium it sounds mostly dead except for when Arsenal score a goal...and i hear the away fans are awesome!!! How can you say that the fans attitude don't affect the players...some of whom admit like Mustafi that they watch Arsenal fan TV to hear it from real fans. ...I could go on and on but i'll just keep it simple for now. theres a saying .'Evil previals when good men do nothing'...Churchhill?? can't rem..saw it playing Call of Duty also.

Wenger is not evil but his deterioration has aligned with the club. If you guys don;t want to do anything about it...especially you guys in London.

then accept the mediocrity - Arsenal Cycle - etc......like you all have said...apparently we can do nothing. :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The down side of the Wengers New found Authority must be creeping into his psyche him by now ,
For weeks he's been high as a kite having outmanoeuvred and routed his detractors,he now has 100 percent power on everything .
Having seen off the challenge of his powers by Gazidis he was revelling in his new found Power , just look at the interview after the Leicester game with Gary Neville ,he is oozing smugness from every pore .

But having fucked up at Stoke and with the deadline creeping up on him he might start to flap a bit .
If he goes through with his threat not to sell Ozil,Sanchez and the OX he has to deliver and the FA Cup wont be enough !
No 4th place and a 150 million spend as they all walk out the door could be enough to tip the balance of Stans Toupe towards the negative as he wont want to spend that much on replacements .

Every season seems to be a watershed but every year we have managed more or less to delay the day of reckoning by an FA Cup or a CL qualifier.

But this season can be make or break for years because if we lose these 3 we wont replace them and the slow,slow decline could get much much steeper !