The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by northbank123 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:28 pm
I wonder how long it will take Everton fans to realise they have been sold a dud ? :lol:
Doesn’t matter really because they’ll be stuck with him for the full 3 and a half years - nobody else willl be stupid enough to throw sackfuls of cash at him.

About time.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Theo is the epitome of Wengers crumblimg empire,vastly overpaid and outstayed his welcome by a long long way,however I for one thank Theo for all the goals he scored and acknowledge that had he been under a different manager and played in his favoured positon he probably would have fulfilled his potential,

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

markyp wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm
Theo is the epitome of Wengers crumblimg empire,vastly overpaid and outstayed his welcome by a long long way,however I for one thank Theo for all the goals he scored and acknowledge that had he been under a different manager and played in his favoured positon he probably would have fulfilled his potential,
He might get an actual role and to be fair I hope he does well, and show our incumbent right up!...

markyp

Post by markyp »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm
markyp wrote:
He might get an actual role and to be fair I hope he does well, and show our incumbent right up!...
exactly,anything that makes wenger look like a krunt is great in my eyes,the OX is starting to blossom at Liverpool now he is getting a run and playing central

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I'm very happy that he's gone, and a bit sad that I'm happy.

I was full of hope when he signed. He looked to be a real prospect, but ultimately, he's been disappointing.

Even in the seasons when he scored well, he rarely seemed to play well, and in the last few seasons he's been a complete waste of space.

NickF

Post by NickF »

markyp wrote:
Really?? His problem has always been injury and consistency. :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Mkhitaryan is the replacement for Ozil when he goes to United in the summer?.

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I don’t give a fuck if Ozil goes. He’s not consistent and worse of all, can’t be arsed a lot of the time. He’s not what we need.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:37 pm
I don’t give a fuck if Ozil goes. He’s not consistent and worse of all, can’t be arsed a lot of the time. He’s not what we need.

Interestingly, it doesn't seem that any other club is interested in him, given the money he's after.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The poster boy of the Banter Era has gone, the empire is crumbling :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

not bothered by the mhikitarian bloke but excited about the possibility of aubameyang, of course that sounds like a very outlandish, left field totally unarsenal signing but i can't help but hope.

of course this is just one step forward two steps back either way, i'm starting to realise how sad i am about sanchez going, been seing rt's of when sanchez first made an appearance at the bowl for us in the emirates cup, the excitement, the anticipation and then his entry onto the pitch. mate, so sad it ended up like this :cry:

seeing grown men on the net calling him a dog nonce cuz he wants out as well :roll: :lol:

nice to see our fans have adjusted well to seeing our players leave, fucking hell it wasn't long ago i heard kieron fucking gibbs getting booed playing for west brom. do we have the ultimate abandoment issue fanbase or what? :oops: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 pm
not bothered by the mhikitarian bloke but excited about the possibility of aubameyang, of course that sounds like a very outlandish, left field totally unarsenal signing but i can't help but hope.

of course this is just one step forward two steps back either way, i'm starting to realise how sad i am about sanchez going, been seing rt's of when sanchez first made an appearance at the bowl for us in the emirates cup, the excitement, the anticipation and then his entry onto the pitch. mate, so sad it ended up like this :cry:

seeing grown men on the net calling him a dog nonce cuz he wants out as well :roll: :lol:

nice to see our fans have adjusted well to seeing our players leave, fucking hell it wasn't long ago i heard kieron fucking gibbs getting booed playing for west brom. do we have the ultimate abandoment issue fanbase or what? :oops: :lol:
We used to have a very good tradition and reputation for welcoming back old players who had served us well, can only recall Stapleton getting abuse till the modern fans came along and boo like it a pantomime ( to be fair it often is)

MrT

Post by MrT »

If Giroud leaves that's 3 donkeys shipped out in one window. I don't believe Wenger is behind all these outgoings.

Sven the mastermind clearing out the deadwood 8)

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:52 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 pm

We used to have a very good tradition and reputation for welcoming back old players who had served us well, can only recall Stapleton getting abuse till the modern fans came along and boo like it a pantomime ( to be fair it often is)
The reception the likes of Cole, Fabregas and RvP have received has been ridiculous. They all recognised a manager who had no ambition and made sensible career moves. This served to take the heat off Wenger. No doubt they will boo Sanchez when he comes back with United. Twats.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Tbh Theo wasn't good enough for us but i sometimes wonder with the right manager and coaches how good he could have been. Anyway good luck to him and it will be interesting to see how he gets on under fat Sam, i expect he'll get consistent game time if nothing else due to their lack of strikers up there.

The injury proneness is a valid point too, you look at some of the players we've had over the years who have suffered injury after injury and then reoccurance of the injury and it begs serious questions of our training and coaching, there is also a major question mark over our medical team as well and i wonder if with all the changes behind the scenes whether someone will eventually ask questions about them too