Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by Midz »

I have to admit that I thought today was gonna be a nailed on loss. I was wrong, so wrong, and so glad I was wrong.

We were fucking brilliant today! I'm so happy with the result. 3-1 :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 pm
3 Minute Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhMdpnK7lrU

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
really great goal from Trossard.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:33 pm
Said it a couple times but regardless of your thoughts on Arteta (I have my doubts) there’s no question he has incredibly improved our result in the big 6 games … it’s pretty impressive actually.
Yep we’ve gone form being the whipping boys to City and Liverpool and meekly rolling over at the Bridge and Shite Hart Lane to being able to stand our ground and get points home and away.

We are by no means the complete article but we are competing in and among the top of the table

A top striker would be a nice addition to our Arsenal.

The game changing goal came from a hopeful ball over the top, which Martinelli didn’t give up on despite being second favourite I- no way would Eddie have chased and made that happen.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:10 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:07 pm
3 Minute Highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhMdpnK7lrU

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
really great goal from Trossard.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Goal of the month right there :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:52 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Said it a couple times but regardless of your thoughts on Arteta (I have my doubts) there’s no question he has incredibly improved our result in the big 6 games … it’s pretty impressive actually.
Yaaaaay! Scotty! We WON and The Tequila is Out! :D :corkbarry:
Enjoy every drop brother! Huge win! :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:13 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Yep we’ve gone form being the whipping boys to City and Liverpool and meekly rolling over at the Bridge and Shite Hart Lane to being able to stand our ground and get points home and away.

We are by no means the complete article but we are competing in and among the top of the table

A top striker would be a nice addition to our Arsenal.

The game changing goal came from a hopeful ball over the top, which Martinelli didn’t give up on despite being second favourite I- no way would Eddie have chased and made that happen.
Yeah for sure mate a striker would make us a different animal
, also I’ve always thought Martinelli could be a proper centre forward but he just will not try it!

Could have Trossard on the left with him through the middle , I think that could possibly work.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just watched the goals again and I didn't realise it at the time but our first goal is absolutely fucking brilliant. Build-up from back to front in seconds and take out, Havertz's poor effort, the whole goal is an example of fast flowing, incisive, technical quality. Then, Trossard's goal is fantastic too. Brilliant footwork to go past the defender and running at pace into the box and finishing low. A matter of seconds from turn to back of the net. Bloody lovely. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

scotgooner wrote:

We won in spite of the basque c.unt and not because of him - subbing off our most dangerous attacking player and leaving on the german dud was a disgraceful fcuking decision, and a decision that would cost us nine times out of ten. He finds it so easy to drop or sub martinelli and trossard, but refuses point blank to sub other players like havertz and odeargod :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:

Midz

Post by Midz »

A win like todays elevates your well being doesn't it? I'm walking around with a big smile on my face this evening and nothing is gonna upset me.

I might even try and stay up to watch MOTD 2 at 10.30.

It's fooking great! Well done Arsenal.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:46 pm
scotgooner wrote:

We won in spite of the basque c.unt and not because of him - subbing off our most dangerous attacking player and leaving on the german dud was a disgraceful fcuking decision, and a decision that would cost us nine times out of ten. He finds it so easy to drop or sub martinelli and trossard, but refuses point blank to sub other players like havertz and odeargod :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:
Yet you were slating Odegaard for being captain and being substituted a few games back ?

Havertz was dropped for,the last game ESR played instead.

I would have taken Havertz off too, but Trossard for Martinelli worked in case you didn’t notice our 3rd goal ?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

2 points off top with 15 to play - certainly in the mix right now,

Would you prefer to win it at the Lane again or Old Trafford again ?

:barscarf: :barscarf:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:01 pm
2 points off top with 15 to play - certainly in the mix right now,

Would you prefer to win it at the Lane again or Old Trafford again ?

:barscarf: :barscarf:
I would put any money you like that we won't win it. God, how I would love for us to win it but we won't. Everybody who really knows us, knows when the intense pressure comes toward the end, we'll collapse. We'll go thru a spell of dropping unexpected points and that will be the end of it. I wish it were not so, but it is. I'll continue to watch and support us to the very end but hope left the building over a decade ago.

augie

Post by augie »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:01 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:46 pm
scotgooner wrote:

Yet you were slating Odegaard for being captain and being substituted a few games back ?

Havertz was dropped for,the last game ESR played instead.

I would have taken Havertz off too, but Trossard for Martinelli worked in case you didn’t notice our 3rd goal ?

Lies - I would sub him far more often if I was in charge

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What time is MOTD on tonight does anybody know? I’ve a stiffy that just won’t quit after that result today so I’m going to time my release to the Trossard goal which I missed in real time because I was doing a stress poo.