Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:07 pm
herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm
Apologies to the regulars, I should have pulled the trigger on that idiot a long time ago but banning is always the last resort and I had hoped he could stop acting like a twat. :roll:

And before anyone says he was banned because he didn't fit in with the general Arteta not being good enough vibe, let me just say that is horseshit. I like to hear both sides of an argument and the likes of Nutty is a great example of that. He can put his point across without WUMing or abusing people. Pro Arteta posters are very welcome on here once they don't WUM. Same goes for anti Arteta posters.

I think it's time we maybe be less tolerant of the WUMs in general tbh.
Really piss poor banning him

And before I get the regular responses of if you don't like it etc etc I think you should remember that this forum is for followers of the Arsenal and I would bet my life with almost full confidence that well over 50 percent of Arsenal supporters would agree more with his opinions than those of the so called regulars on here and many posts with the silly name calling of manager & players would be considered wums and need instant banning from a forum pretending to represent Arsenal terraces of old when it is as faraway as possible from the reality

Do the decent thing and unblock him
That's not true, I've had first hand experience with him. He often does things to elicit a response......not only that, he reads past posts. Basically, he knows what you are saying but he deliberately ignores it, then puts his own slant and interpretation on it. Then he replies to the post he misinterpreted and not the one you wrote hoping to take the thread off in his directiion. And it's all very deliberate.
He gets into verbals & spats on here because he does not fit the narrative of most of the posts on here.

Calling him out as a WUM is fine considering he does not agree with a lot of the posters on here but banning him for it is OTT
Honestly dont even think hes an Arsenal supporter....hes constantly provoking and winding up other posters.... lively debate and differing opinons have always been welcomed on here, but do not think he was ever interested in that......believe it or not but there are some very sad people out there

herbert

Post by herbert »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm
herbert wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Apologies to the regulars, I should have pulled the trigger on that idiot a long time ago but banning is always the last resort and I had hoped he could stop acting like a twat. :roll:

And before anyone says he was banned because he didn't fit in with the general Arteta not being good enough vibe, let me just say that is horseshit. I like to hear both sides of an argument and the likes of Nutty is a great example of that. He can put his point across without WUMing or abusing people. Pro Arteta posters are very welcome on here once they don't WUM. Same goes for anti Arteta posters.

And before I get the regular responses of if you don't like it etc etc I think you should remember that this forum is for followers of the Arsenal and I would bet my life with almost full confidence that well over 50 percent of Arsenal supporters would agree more with his opinions than those of the so called regulars on here and many posts with the silly name calling of manager & players would be considered wums and need instant banning from a forum pretending to represent Arsenal terraces of old when it is as faraway as possible from the reality

That's not true, I've had first hand experience with him. He often does things to elicit a response......not only that, he reads past posts. Basically, he knows what you are saying but he deliberately ignores it, then puts his own slant and interpretation on it. Then he replies to the post he misinterpreted and not the one you wrote hoping to take the thread off in his directiion. And it's all very deliberate.
He gets into verbals & spats on here because he does not fit the narrative of most of the posts on here.

Calling him out as a WUM is fine considering he does not agree with a lot of the posters on here but banning him for it is OTT
Honestly dont even think hes an Arsenal supporter....hes constantly provoking and winding up other posters.... lively debate and differing opinons have always been welcomed on here, but do not think he was ever interested in that......believe it or not but there are some very sad people out there
I think that most on here are not Arsenal supporters but analysts :D

I wouldn't ban them for it

herbert

Post by herbert »

Made me laugh a few posts about how our support has changed and condemning fanboys(supporters) on a forum full of modern sky & social media analysing & management plan type posts :D

Our support has changed but it's not the 3000 who go away or the majority of long term home support who have changed they still support the club the same way and would definitely not be calling out GG or TN for being 2nd in the league in the 70s or 80s

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I called him a WUM today because that's exactly what he was doing. I wouldn't call him it because his opinion differs to mine.

Retro and myself tried to have an honest debate with him. He deliberately took the piss looking for the reaction.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm
herbert wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I called him a WUM today because that's exactly what he was doing. I wouldn't call him it because his opinion differs to mine.

Retro and myself tried to have an honest debate with him. He deliberately took the piss looking for the reaction.

It was nothing to do with his opinions. It was he that couldn't tolerate an opinion different to his and he was an archetypal WUM. His whole style was underhand and disingenuous, deliberately misinterpreting and straw manning people's comments, all behind a passive aggressive cloak. He knew exactly what he was doing, but as I said previously, keep your powder dry and give clowns like him enough rope.

As soon as he said last night (as he was trying to be all matey with SteveO), that we had weaknesses in the side and that we'd need to do some "horse trading" in the summer, he'd fucked himself. I simply asked him which players weren't good enough in his opinion and who needed to be traded out. He knew that he daren't be honest and answer that question, because if Arteta stuck by the players that Viv thought were sub standard, then it would make it very difficult for him to keep defending the manager. That's why he wouldn't answer it.

He also slipped up when trying to justify the loss to Bayern, by saying that they were a top side and that he'd instantly put 6 of their players into our first eleven. He was trying to be clever, but isn't as smart as he'd like to think he is, because he'd fucked himself again.....replace 6 of our side with players from just one other team after 4 1/2 years and £700 million spent?? That raises huge questions about Arteta.

He was backed into a corner and ended up getting himself banned. For the record, I didn't put a complaint in about him and have never complained about anyone to the mods. I'm not generally an advocate of banning people and that goes for Red Member, Babatunde (I liked him), Highbury JD, etc, but in the case of Viv, I'll make an exception and I'm glad the tosser's gone. He was a divisive piece of work.
Last edited by Retro Gunner on Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm
herbert wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:

I think that most on here are not Arsenal supporters but analysts :D

I wouldn't ban them for it
takes all types mate in this sometimes strange modern world.... :D i know your a long time Arsenal man like myself and i respect that

I was there in the 1970s onwards seen a lot and done a lot i guess...ups and downs some great highs and some scary moments and a lot of funny ones....must say i loved it

above all i maintained that love of the Arsenal football club...probably just like yourself :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm
herbert wrote:
Reno Gooner wrote:
herbert wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Debate?
But if you don't agree your a fanboy or a WUM?
That's not debate
We have read over & over & over again on here all the points that you & retro and others make

Get a fella come on here with differing opinions and he answers or dismisses others opinions with the same behaviours he encounters himself and is banned

It is a nonsense because it is obvious that he cares about the Arsenal has much as anyone on here

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 pm

Debate?
That's not debate
We have read over & over & over again on here all the points that you & retro and others make

Get a fella come on here with differing opinions and he answers or dismisses others opinions with the same behaviours he encounters himself and is banned

It is a nonsense because it is obvious that he cares about the Arsenal has much as anyone on here
Yes a debate.

He said if we answer his question he'll answer the Retro's one. We both answered and he laughed saying he had no intention of answering Retro's.

Read that anyway you want.

I've been on this forum for almost 20 years and that was the first time I called another member a WUM.

And also form the record I made no complaint.

herbert

Post by herbert »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:37 pm
herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 pm

Debate?
That's not debate

Yes a debate.

He said if we answer his question he'll answer the Retro's one. We both answered and he laughed saying he had no intention of answering Retro's.

Read that anyway you want.

I've been on this forum for almost 20 years and that was the first time I called another member a WUM.

And also form the record I made no complaint.
Are you sure you never called me a WUM during Wenger's finest seasons?
😂

He winded you up and you called him out and that's fair enough in my book👍

The banning bit I think is OTT

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Fuck him.

augie

Post by augie »

herbert wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 pm
Made me laugh a few posts about how our support has changed and condemning fanboys(supporters) on a forum full of modern sky & social media analysing & management plan type posts :D

Our support has changed but it's not the 3000 who go away or the majority of long term home support who have changed they still support the club the same way and would definitely not be calling out GG or TN for being 2nd in the league in the 70s or 80s

So another fan who thinks that cos he goes to away games he is a super fan ? Btw these fans that you refer to are the same numpty's who kept the senile french cock in a job long after his shelf life had expired - bravo to those individuals :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:06 pm
That's harsh on DB10 mate, I'm not sure he went to Uni? :rubchin: :wink:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't know DB could ride a Unicycle... Well well! We learn something every day.

augie

Post by augie »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 pm
Fuck him.

Exactly - I didnt report him either but he was a c.unt whose sole mission was to wind up others and for most part I completely ignored his bu!!shit, but at times I did bite. I have had debates with many people on here whose opinions differ to mine but as long as they are respectful and genuine I enjoy those debates

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 pm
Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:42 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a wanker. If you had any credibility left at all, then it's all gone now mate. Even those that generally agree with you will be embarrassed for you. Amongst the rest of us, I've no doubt you'll get zero respect for being the coward and the moron you clearly are.
Hey no need to feel upset. If you want to know my general thoughts it’s aligned to what bobbypires said at 7.26 yesterday. Think that’s a decent summary.

You just rambled on a bit and I can’t read through it all.
WUM

Goodbye Mr Anderson
:high5:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Nick Nack wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 pm
Linighans there!! wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 am
Might get this mythical game changing, trophy winning, legendary striker and squad players in phase 5.

A lot of people butt hurt because everyone in the media saying we choke, but we ain't done that bad in the past 2 years, although in reality bayern (this season only) are basically of crystal Palace standard
Bayern would beat most PL teams. Their pace and speed of passing would tear most teams apart. They also have Fat Tongue up top, and he scored against most PL teams with disturbing regularity. They will revert to type and win the Bundesliga next season
Probably by purchasing Leverkusen’s best players to weaken them, just like they used to do with Dortmund when they had the audacity to win the league and threaten to usurp them.

First half was okay, pretty even, second half we never looked like scoring - even when we had 10 mins to go and so obviously should have been chasing the game - even if it meant sticking Havertz right up top and hoping a long ball up to him could cause a bit of chaos we just carried on with the ineffective huffing and puffing passing to death, resulting in absolutely nothing.

I’d like to think Zinchencko being glued to the bench is a sign of things to come
I’d like to think Eddie getting on a plane ✈️ is a sign of things to come

Being beaten by a European giant is no disgrace but the meak capitulation to not be able to even muster a chance of an equaliser is pretty damning