other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

Post by Stuart L (2) »

the playing mantis wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:43 pm
Ipswich coming up! Pride of anglia.

Lump on now for relegation with lowest points total ever.
Two consecutive promotions is a great achievement, however like you, don’t expect them to be anywhere near ready to stay up next season.

They have a young progressive manager called Kieron McKenna

Ex scum academy, went into coaching after his playing career never took off due to injury, went to the Mancs then got his first managerial role at Ipswich where he has done remarkably well.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

Two consecutive promotions is a great achievement, however like you, don’t expect them to be anywhere near ready to stay up next season.

Ex scum academy, went into coaching after his playing career never took off due to injury, went to the Mancs then got his first managerial role at Ipswich where he has done remarkably well.

It certainly is, it might go against them in the sense that they may well not be prepared for the Higher Levels of the Prem, I've seen bits of their games (Thanks to Drogon :wink: ) and they play Good Football; although in saying that Burnley brushed everyone else aside in the season when they won the championship and as Rodders has said have been 'shit stains' in the prem.

What is (almost) unbelievable is that there have been some Manure fans (because he did his badges etc at manure) calling for him to be made their new manager to take over from Ten Haagen das...

As if any prem team would EVER! choose a manager who has so little experience! ? Aaaah! Yes.. well uhmmm :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed May 01, 2024 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tuned in for the beginning of the Borussia Dortmund v psg game and the Dortmund stadium (81k+ Capacity) is something else... The Yellow Wall on all 4 sides... Pretty amazing.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

1-0 Dortmund.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:23 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:

It certainly is, it might go against them in the sense that they may well not be prepared for the Higher Levels of the Prem, I've seen bits of their games (Thanks to Drogon :wink: ) and they play Good Football; although in saying that Burnley brushed everyone else aside in the season when they won the championship and as Rodders has said have been 'shit stains' in the prem.

What is (almost) unbelievable is that there have been some Manure fans (because he did his badges etc at manure) calling for him to be made their new manager to take over from Ten Haagen das...

As if any prem team would EVER! choose a manager who has so little experience! ? Aaaah! Yes.. well uhmmm :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:
He has 2 seasons behind him obg so way more experienced than Tetsworth was.

He won't be there long I don't think. Brighton or someone of that ilk will appoint him at some stage.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Liverpool v Chelsea women’s game. 4-3. Hayes looks like she has been smacked round the face with a wet fish. :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Stuart L (2) wrote:

It is and the town seems to be buzzing even more so than when the turnip harvest come in or he one day a year there allowed to shag their sisters. I've seen a fair bit this season but no way will they stay up playing that way unless the yanks in charge spunk loads of dosh all over them...rather appropriate given postman roads other usage!

Very refreshing to have them back in the top flight as they are actually a decent sized club with some good pedigree and makes a change from boring west brom, Southampton etc. I hope Norwich come up via the playoffs too!

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:25 pm
Tuned in for the beginning of the Borussia Dortmund v psg game and the Dortmund stadium (81k+ Capacity) is something else... The Yellow Wall on all 4 sides... Pretty amazing.
Watched about 5 mins of it and turned it off because I couldn't give a monkeys about it.
C'mon Real Madrid. :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:57 pm
Liverpool v Chelsea women’s game. 4-3. Hayes looks like she has been smacked round the face with a wet fish. :lol:
She probably has been as most people would want to do that to the fat slag.

Arsenal Till I Die

Full time: 1-0 Dortmund

Arsenal Till I Die

Midz wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:52 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
:coffeespit:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:52 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Spurs win tonight hopefully , need that city game to mean as much to them as possible!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Midz wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:25 pm
Watched about 5 mins of it and turned it off because I couldn't give a monkeys about it.
C'mon Real Madrid. :D
Exactly this!

And a lot more of those matches next season too, with them taking the place of the FA Cup replays

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

scotgooner wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 am
Spurs win tonight hopefully , need that city game to mean as much to them as possible!
Yeah, we need the Scum to beat the Chavs tonight, that will (hopefully) give them the wotsits to give Cheaty a game instead of rolling over and getting shafted up the shitter. I never thought the day would come when I didn't want the Scum to beat their opponents :oops: