Hope this is a joke.......

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Post by augie »

Never mentioned world class anywhere did I ? What I actually said is that spending 22m on two back up players makes absolute no sense for a club that wont spend fcuk all in the first place and secondly needs to improve the quality of the team first before it improves the subs bench

yeahbaby

Post by yeahbaby »

augie wrote:Never mentioned world class anywhere did I ? What I actually said is that spending 22m on two back up players makes absolute no sense for a club that wont spend fcuk all in the first place and secondly needs to improve the quality of the team first before it improves the subs bench
u seemed to think 22m should get you more than squad players - my point was that is ALL you will get for 22m - squad players

augie

Post by augie »

Did sagna or vermaelen cost us 11m ? Dont think they did and yet both are first teamers and were from the moment they arrived. Best my memory serves me I think nasri also only cost 8.5m too

yeahbaby

Post by yeahbaby »

augie wrote:Did sagna or vermaelen cost us 11m ? Dont think they did and yet both are first teamers and were from the moment they arrived. Best my memory serves me I think nasri also only cost 8.5m too
yep and for every diamond in the rough we've bought how many bust players?

nasri is a squad player.

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

i know we're short of numbers badly,but,i think were desperately short of a player the 22m could be lumped on.some real ready to go now quality.torres cost the mousers about that and that may have won us the title this year.benzema would be about that as well,why wait till he has a good world cup(just like we did with ribery-12m became 20m)and we're priced out

gunnerpr

Post by gunnerpr »

god i'd be bordering suicidal if that happened. What a waste of 22million, we passed up the opportunity to buy the only two wigan players worth having and that was palacios and valencia.

Champagne Charlie

Post by Champagne Charlie »

We're we said to be interested in N'Zogbia before he moved to Wigwam? I'm sure he said something like he wanted to join Arsenal and couldn't wait to leave Nocastle?

Rodellaga isn't a bad player either but i agree £22m is far too much for the both of them.

If the rumour is at all true.

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

gunnerpr wrote:god i'd be bordering suicidal if that happened. What a waste of 22million, we passed up the opportunity to buy the only two wigan players worth having and that was palacios and valencia.
buy? we had him on trial but aw deemed us to be overstocked in cm :shock: so recommended him to steve bruce who made a tidy profit for wigan(via brum) off the spuds

Post by 1989 »

The Palacios thing still pisses me right off, think how well he'd have fitted into our midfield alongside Cesc and Song....no worries though people we have Denilson and he'll be world class in 2020. :banghead: :banghead:

Post by 1989 »

yeahbaby wrote:
augie wrote:Never mentioned world class anywhere did I ? What I actually said is that spending 22m on two back up players makes absolute no sense for a club that wont spend fcuk all in the first place and secondly needs to improve the quality of the team first before it improves the subs bench
u seemed to think 22m should get you more than squad players - my point was that is ALL you will get for 22m - squad players
We've never spent more than 15m for a first teamer so how is it that 22m will only get us squad players? :?

Deise Gooner

Post by Deise Gooner »

yeahbaby wrote:
augie wrote:Did sagna or vermaelen cost us 11m ? Dont think they did and yet both are first teamers and were from the moment they arrived. Best my memory serves me I think nasri also only cost 8.5m too
yep and for every diamond in the rough we've bought how many bust players?

nasri is a squad player.
There is no way Wenger pays 22m for two players that will warm the bench on most saturdays, its not his style.

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Nasri was 12-15mil.....

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

a guy on the brazilian forum posted that and i admit i laughed quite a lot.

now i'm worried :shock:

also, as the admin of the brazilian forum i said to the guy who posted it to KEEP RUMOURS TO THE RUMOURS THREAD :lol: :lol: i can see it does not happen here as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

brazilianGOONER wrote:a guy on the brazilian forum posted that and i admit i laughed quite a lot.

now i'm worried :shock:

also, as the admin of the brazilian forum i said to the guy who posted it to KEEP RUMOURS TO THE RUMOURS THREAD :lol: :lol: i can see it does not happen here as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

There could a thread saying "DON'T REPEAT THIS THREAD OR YOUR DICK WILL SHRINK TO TWO INCHES" - and still they'd be another thread 5 minutes later "HEARD ABOUT THIS? THE DICK-SHRINKING THING..."

Don't waste your time BG - people are just too fucking lazy to spend a minute looking to see if maybe this was in the transfer rumour thread...or, think about it, THE WIGAN THREAD!!

:roll:

and yes, I'm having my period :oops: :lol:

richpye

Post by richpye »

I think Rodallega would offer something different up front next year.

A front four of Van Persie, Chamakh, Bendtner and Rodallega would be quite nice with the kids as a back-up.

N'Zogbia can cross the ball which if Chamakh is in the bag, may be the thought there. Again someone different to what we already have but only as a squad member.

These rumours may point to Arsene going 4-4-2 next year though which may be interesting.

My biggest worry is the price though. No new keeper for us :-(
And a lot of confidence that Gallas will stay and Djourou will be fit :-(

Going to be a long summer