How do you behave at the game?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
worthing gooner

How do you behave at the game?

Post by worthing gooner »

Now football evokes all emotions sometimes all at once in the same game watching The Arsenal so what do you get up too..?
My routine is to drink for about 4 hours to get in the mood to sing for 90 mins or near enough.
But this thread aint about that but do you moan non stop about everything that goes wrong and sit and enjoy the good stuff? Have you got unproven tourettes and yell allsorts at anyone on the pitch them or us? Stay positive/negative throughout?
For me i have a mix of all of them, i stay positive till a shocking challenge goes in then occaisionally lose it for 20 seconds..then go all grumpy for 10 mins or so. I dont groan at poor passes or missed open goals but prefer keep quiet (There are enough people that do that already!!). I never boo a team off but get on my toes at the whistle, never before. So what about you then??

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

Overall positive and usually supportive.

LOL when the Henry handball goal went in i sounded like i never wanted to watch footy again i was sooo pissed off. :lol:

digger

Post by digger »

I like to have 2/3 beers pre-match to lose the vocal cords. Then I'm one of those sweary fuckers who calls everyone a "*word censored*", especially the ref. The ref is always anti-Arsenal. I'm the one guy standing there at 3 - 0 down thinking "if we nick one soon, we'll get back into this..."

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I cheer and sing, but generally as the match progresses I start shouting more and more instructional comments to the players, as if I was one of the coaches on the bench. Of course the players cannot hear me, but it makes me feel better.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i like to sit there and read a good book, i do sometimes look up and clap politely, if we score a goal

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

I just have a fuckin good drink b4 & after the game & I feel as rite as nine pence :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I like to indulge in completing sudukos and tutting at people who swear and attempt to create an atmosphere .
At away games I let my hair down and do some crosswords.

seriously , just sing till my voice is hoarse ( before half time) :barscarf: 8)

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

QuartzGooner wrote:I cheer and sing, but generally as the match progresses I start shouting more and more instructional comments to the players, as if I was one of the coaches on the bench. Of course the players cannot hear me, but it makes me feel better.
hehe same here..I love the lead up to the game.Just being in a cafe down Holloway road and seing Gooner fans in their colours always does and always will give me a buzz.
Ya cant beat saturdays at Arsenal. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

Always better not sitting next to a Tarquin or Jeremy type but in any case I don't care who is beside me , I sing even i haven't a voice in my Head and shout encouragement for a lost cause and every Ball . Last year i sat beside a Japanese Fan who with words like C**t and every explicative
flying would every now and politely clap hands . Also had a few move away from my 10 year old Daughter in the West Upper cos she was so Loud . Might i add I don't Eff and blind when shes at a game with me and Vice Versa . Try to read the game and inevitably share my views by thinking out loud . By the way I'm not the guy in Block 100 who keeps shouting "Go Wide" as though the pitch was Finsbury park and as IF Walcott could skin a player :) Get into so much that my Knees bounce with nerves continuously through out the game (Might need Prozac this Season ) so if you're next to me , feel free to politely ask me to stop :)

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I generally take my seat a couple of hours before the game and then routinely pop out to the concessions counters. I don't eat or drink anything, I just feel the obligation to hand over as much money to the club as possible. When the teams come out I have to stand up to see them because of those unruly thugs in front of me that do the same. I'd never see anything if I didn't break the rules occasionally!!!! Once the game is in full flow I generally watch most of it on my PSP. I sometimes get disturbed by a lout shouting bad words like 'rotter' 'scoundrel' and on a couple of occasions I've even heard 'Fwank'! Disgusting. I normally put a stop to this by sending a text to our friendly steward. Last season I managed to get 46 people ejected. I'm going to try and hit the big 50 this year.
If our team scores I normally nod my appreciation. I would do more but I don't want to risk antagonising the away supporters. If the other team scores I generally applaud so they know I'm a sporting person. At the end of the game I leave my seat and as I walk along the row of seats I pick up any litter that I see to help the team of cleaners out a little.

It's a lovely day out these days, not like in the old days when there used to be laughter and singing going on continuously. You couldn't concentrate on your crossword at all with all that going on!!!!

crocit

Post by crocit »

excatly like me Worthing! for aways i like to get to the away pub 3/4 hours before kick off, let the beer drift it, and start a sing song, and sing song all way through matcch, if i next to or next a bunch of 1st timers who aint a clue what im singing and not joining, i just move to another area!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

overall im fairly positive, i try to have a laugh and enjoy the game more than when im watching it home or down the pub etc. i dont always drink at games, alot of the time i drive up but i still have a good sing song.

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Im always positive, but once the game gets going im always on edge. I cant help but swear at the other team and ref every 5 seconds.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Im a nervous wreck at games i have tempory Tourettes and get carried away with just about everything.... If RVP misplaces a pass im shouting 'FFS Robin' (im on first name term with them) :oops: :D thats not good enough and the next minute he scores im screaming like a fucking lunatic shouting how brilliant he is :roll:

I can honestly say i dont enjoy big matches until they are over (and we have won) i find it all so nerve wracking that i reckon i'll have a heart attack at the ground one day :oops:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

flash gunner wrote:Im a nervous wreck at games i have tempory Tourettes and get carried away with just about everything.... If RVP misplaces a pass im shouting 'FFS Robin' (im on first name term with them) :oops: :D thats not good enough and the next minute he scores im screaming like a fucking lunatic shouting how brilliant he is :roll:

I can honestly say i dont enjoy big matches until they are over (and we have won) i find it all so nerve wracking that i reckon i'll have a heart attack at the ground one day :oops:
Same as you mate...I'm usually the one shouting "stick it in the corner", when we're defending a slender lead.... :oops: :lol: