Burnley vs Arsenal thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Eddy just missed a one on one with the keeper, sell the c**t 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Arsenal timewasting against Burnley in the 52nd minute :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Straight red for Lafferty of Burnley, dangerous/reckless tackle on Bert. I think it is a harsh decision. :roll: We are should be good enough to win without needing a man advantage :oops:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

70 mins and Burnley take possibly the worse corner ever.....I guess thats why they are normally shit 8)

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Daaaaannniiissshhhh.....Dicko will be all wet at this point 8) :lol:

tellysavallas

Post by tellysavallas »

T.S

Post by T.S »

Despite the BBC claiming Burnley were "the better team" and that they deserved something out of the game, Jens never had a real save to make, and Eddie could have had another, so all in all, although we were under a bit of pressure, it's a decent result. We looked bloody lazy at times, but I was impressed with how we took our chances. On to the 4th round...

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

well i lost my bet £4 down the drain but we done the job cant say fairer then that 8)

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

At least that means for the rest of us thats 4 quids worth of beer less you have drunk so we may well be able to understand you!

:lol:

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

gus ceasar is a legend wrote:At least that means for the rest of us thats 4 quids worth of beer less you have drunk so we may well be able to understand you!

:lol:
haha!!! i only had 1 thru out the match 8) :oops: :shock:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Tony S summed it up, lazy. Most of them looked like they were in a trining session where thye had been told they were not allowed to run. :oops:
Still, we're throuhg with no injuries (assuing Bert is OK) and no red cards. Swiss Phil for man of the match any one :wink: :twisted:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

YES WE GOT THE RESULT BUT WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY AWFUL PERFORMANCE THAT WAS. THANK FECK WE WERE PLAYING A RUBBISH TEAM!

ALL OF OUR MIDFIELD WERE WELL BELOW PAR WITH THE DISPLAY OF DIABY AND EBOUE IN PARTICULAR BEING NOTHING SHORT OF SHOCKING!! WHAT THE HELL'S HAPPENED TO DIABY? HE HANGS ON TO THE BALL WAY TOO LONG AND HIS PASSING IS PATHETIC. HE SEEMS TO ME TO HAVE GONE BACKWARDS THIS SEASON. EVEN DENILSON AND GILBERTO STRUGGLED TO GET THEIR GAMES GOING TODAY.

TRAORE AGAIN LOOKED VULNERABLE DEFENSIVELY AND I WOULD BE WORRIED IF CLICHY GOT A LONG TERM INJURY. AS FOR SWISS TONY, WELL HE JUST ABOUT COPED, ALTHOUGH WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PLAYING AGAINST A FIRST DIVISION ATTACK!!

EDUARDO AND BENDTNER TOOK THEIR GOALS WELL BUT - DUDU IN PARTICULAR - DONE LITTLE ELSE IN THE MATCH APART FROM MISS AN EASY CHANCE. I THINK MOST PEOPLE WOULD AGREE THAT OUR BEST PLAYERS TODAY WERE PROBABLY SAGNA AND TOURE.

THE OVERWHELMING FEELING I'M LEFT WITH IS ONE OF RELIEF THAT WE DIDN'T GET PUNISHED AND ARE AT LEAST THROUGH TO THE NEXT ROUND. HOWEVER, IF WE PLAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT WEDNESDAY, I GENUINELY EXPECT THE SPUDS TO BEAT US. :x :evil: :roll: :oops:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I predicted a one all draw and as such am not too pissed at the result. We didn't run rampage all over the game but never looked like losing it. Yes we would thrash this side had it been a Premier League tie but it wasn't, it was he FA Cup which is traditionally hard. We have just experienced tradition 8) :lol:

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Wayno wrote:Daaaaannniiissshhhh.....Dicko will be all wet at this point 8) :lol:
Danishhh :D Ha Ha Wayno :lol: Super super Nick

crocit

Post by crocit »

i persume your Danish Dicko? :P :) :D