THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by armchair »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ton-defeat

"I said before the game, whether we are one point behind or one point in front it is not too important,"

We won the leage at Anfield on goals scored yet Wenger comes out with crap like that, basically a point here or there dont matter? Wtf?
Every fukin point matters you fraud. More lies and spin to excuse his ineptitude and feed his supporters with straws to clutch at.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

armchair wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ton-defeat

"I said before the game, whether we are one point behind or one point in front it is not too important,"

We won the leage at Anfield on goals scored yet Wenger comes out with crap like that, basically a point here or there dont matter? Wtf?
Every fukin point matters you fraud. More lies and spin to excuse his ineptitude and feed his supporters with straws to clutch at.

Then he says one reason (apart from referee) we lost the Southampton game was that they made it physical and we did not win the challenges
FFS what does he expect teams to make it easy for them!!!
He prepares the team, or should do :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal FC Twitter is not so pro Wenger as normal, there are a few believers still demanding loyalty (they like the media cannot differentiate between loyalty to the club and loyalty to the manager) but it isn't as comfortable as normal for Arsenal PLC. Not that they will care either-ways.
My favourite is the mong who hopes the Newcastle game ends in a draw because they and arsenal are the two clubs he supports.

Sean

Post by Sean »

If The Old Fraud had ANY honour at all, he'd step aside and let a competent manager - like Pep Guardiola or Dave fucking Hockaday - do what needs to be done to let us genuinely compete for the Premier League and the Be All and End All.

NOPE. He's happy to rake in his £23K per day whilst doing absolutely fuck all of use - On matchdays, on transfers, on training, etc... :banghead:

I even heard Neil cunnting Warnock on 5Live the other day referring to non-WOBs as 'the real Arsenal fans'. TOSSER! :cussing:

Even the media are noticing that the same thing happens every season with TOF, and even then journos and rent-a-quotes come out en masse to support TOF with all that 'Be careful what you wish for' SHITE! I swear they are trolling us now.

'Ah, there goes Arsenal collapsing again, bottling it again, but be careful what you wish for!'

The elephant in the room is that TOF has been holding us back for seven fucking years and has become a cancer at our club.

:suicide:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

He just wants to pay 90s prices whilst bringing in a 2015 wage, it's sickening.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:just heard le cock say in the press conference that Southampton WANTED IT more :oops: :oops:

hang on aren't we the ones supposed to be going for the title?????

disgusted that the team made the effort to turn up for the City game and then didn't bother for Southampton.
the team is clearly good enough so why wasn't the effort there??? what does Wenger do !!! :banghead: :banghead:
You can go back years to see games where the opposition wanted it more - Birmingham cup final being a prime example.

We may have more talent than most teams but attitude and application count for an awful lot too and we frequently lack it, which stems from.the manager.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Wenger must see this is the best chance Arsenal have to win the league in over a decade. The topsy turvy nature of the season with Man Utd and Chelsea out of sorts and City inconsistent. Going out in January and bolstering the squad with the quality we need should be a mandate passed down by the board to the manager, let alone Wenger seeing this himself, if the club from top downwards had any ambition other than securing the top four trophy.

Next year I can't see this seasons chaos repeating itself to this degree, given the expected managerial arrivals in the summer, this is the chance to make it happen.

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

S'okay we've just got to "trust him to turn our season around" I'm already f***in spinning from this season! From Title favourites to whipping boys in a week. Now for the mighty Bournemouth.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

We are top o the league :barscarf:
Still and always will be 100% against 8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Henry really grinds my gears at times!

This morning on SSN he was on about butthead and man utd and he said that the man utd fans have been patient enough over the last 18 months. Never says anything in the lines of that comment when it comes to Wenger though :banghead:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

Henry is right in the sense. Apply a bit of context a you'll realise what he's actually saying is mancs are a serious club that want to win actually top trophies. Expectations are different at both clubs. Their fans have been spoilt rotten over the years whilst majority of our fanbase have being celebrating 4th place as success.

Henry being a Wenger bum boy means he has to be seen as part of that majority.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

StuartL wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:just heard le cock say in the press conference that Southampton WANTED IT more :oops: :oops:

hang on aren't we the ones supposed to be going for the title?????

disgusted that the team made the effort to turn up for the City game and then didn't bother for Southampton.
the team is clearly good enough so why wasn't the effort there??? what does Wenger do !!! :banghead: :banghead:
You can go back years to see games where the opposition wanted it more - Birmingham cup final being a prime example.

We may have more talent than most teams but attitude and application count for an awful lot too and we frequently lack it, which stems from.the manager.
Exactly.

Don't know how many times it has to happen for it to sink in.

Still, top of the league. I'm confused.

:shock: :o :D

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Blood_Gooner wrote:Henry is right in the sense. Apply a bit of context a you'll realise what he's actually saying is mancs are a serious club that want to win actually top trophies. Expectations are different at both clubs. Their fans have been spoilt rotten over the years whilst majority of our fanbase have being celebrating 4th place as success.

Lets be realistic, as a pundit the man is a joke. How many times does he criticise the team, but does so in a generalised way so he doesn't mention Wenger. I agree that the ambitions of United and us are different, but its still hypocritical to say that it's ok to get rid of a manager for under-achieving when you support a complete failure of a manager Lets not forget, Henry left us because he thought 4th place finishes were beneath him, but thinks we as fans should accept it.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:Henry is right in the sense. Apply a bit of context a you'll realise what he's actually saying is mancs are a serious club that want to win actually top trophies. Expectations are different at both clubs. Their fans have been spoilt rotten over the years whilst majority of our fanbase have being celebrating 4th place as success.

Lets be realistic, as a pundit the man is a joke. How many times does he criticise the team, but does so in a generalised way so he doesn't mention Wenger. I agree that the ambitions of United and us are different, but its still hypocritical to say that it's ok to get rid of a manager for under-achieving when you support a complete failure of a manager Lets not forget, Henry left us because he thought 4th place finishes were beneath him, but thinks we as fans should accept it.
The reality has become this.... Wenger, like ANY football manager, ANYWHERE, should be about winning trophies. But he's not. He is employed by an American businessman and he makes money for that man. Any football success is nothing more than a bonus. Wenger's remit is top 4, second round of the CL, achieving this whilst spending as little money as possible is to Kroenke, beyond his wildest dreams. That FA cup in 2013 was a gigantic gift to us ungrateful fans. Winning it last year as well should hold us for a decade. At the moment Wenger is waaay ahead of his season target. He is NOT hell bent on winning the title, if he does, it's a bonus. Simple as that. I believe we are buying a midfielder for around 7m and that's it for Jan. Any club, in our current position, serious about challenging for the title, would break the bank for a striker in this window. Not us though, Theo & Giroud..... in Wengers mind there is just nobody who can improve on those two.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That's Just Wrong dude...we all know that the -ex-players stick by him regardless...But to call him that and what it implies is a No No.

I (like many others) want Wenger Gone , I would also like to hear one/any of our ex-legends tell it like it is, but to use such terminology and to imply what you are suggesting is Wrong.