ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by TeeCee »

Toney has scored 4 in 5 games since coming back. Pretty fucking good to be honest!

Signing him on a 4 or 5 year deal would be like Aubameyang all over again, 1 or 2 good seasons at best.

We need a younger model I think but not Ferguson at Brighton, nowhere near good enough and we can't wait 3 years for him to become a top striker.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🔵⚪️🇫🇷 Yann M’Vila has just signed as new West Bromwich player, available as free agent.

Contract valid until the end of the season for former Sunderland midfielder.

Bad news for us ,always thought he was joining us at some stage :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:24 pm
He's scored 2 in 2 hasnt he?!

Althooyh as i said before im not certain hes all that.

Thing is he has also missed a host of chances. There's no denying (at least before the Ban) he was shit hot, but I'm not sure Arteta would go with that kind of striker; what a think of as being close to being Old Skool No9 type striker, he may want someone who is a Striker but can also be part of the build up as a skilled forward. Have no idea who? But the idea of us having a Number 9 that we boot the long ball up to (like the old days :roll: ) doesn't somehow seem to fit in with how we and most teams now play; as in out from the back. Fucked if I know. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:idea:

Just saw this on BBC Gossip:

Arsenal are considering a move for Aston Villa's 28-year-old England striker Ollie Watkins.

But would he come and if so, the villains would want at last £80 million which he isn't worth and he's 28yrs :?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:59 am

Arsenal are considering a move for Aston Villa's 28-year-old England striker Ollie Watkins.

But would he come and if so, the villains would want at last £80 million which he isn't worth and he's 28yrs :?

Blimey, didn't realise he was 28 yrs old. I've always quite liked the boy, but I wouldn't pay those numbers. I also think that he tends to be a fleet footed striker who scores a lot of break away type goals and fewer from our type of build up play. Maybe that's unfair to him.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 pm
Toney has scored 4 in 5 games since coming back. Pretty fucking good to be honest!

Signing him on a 4 or 5 year deal would be like Aubameyang all over again, 1 or 2 good seasons at best.

We need a younger model I think but not Ferguson at Brighton, nowhere near good enough and we can't wait 3 years for him to become a top striker.

Isnt that a fact - swear to god you would think that we must have an ian wright in our squad the way some people are dissing Toney :roll: He has gone months without competitive football so yes it is only natural that he isnt at his most prolific while he is still trying to catch up to match sharpness, but he is still a million times better as a goal scorer than jesus, nketieh and the german dud combined :roll:
I'm not saying that he is world class or anything, and maybe there are better strikers out there that we can get, but right now I am struggling to think of even one

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:37 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:59 am

Blimey, didn't realise he was 28 yrs old. I've always quite liked the boy, but I wouldn't pay those numbers. I also think that he tends to be a fleet footed striker who scores a lot of break away type goals and fewer from our type of build up play. Maybe that's unfair to him.
Yeah! I thought he was younger than that :? But as you say he is "fleet footed" has 'skills' and sure can 'Finish', which is what we need.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:18 pm
TeeCee wrote:

Isnt that a fact - swear to god you would think that we must have an ian wright in our squad the way some people are dissing Toney :roll: He has gone months without competitive football so yes it is only natural that he isnt at his most prolific while he is still trying to catch up to match sharpness, but he is still a million times better as a goal scorer than jesus, nketieh and the german dud combined :roll:
I'm not saying that he is world class or anything, and maybe there are better strikers out there that we can get, but right now I am struggling to think of even one
Being banned for 8 months and will still outscore all of our players I expect by the end of the season .

I have seen talk that Valhovic is still very much on our shopping list, has 2 years left on his contract with Juve…. :rubchin:

They were interested in Partey by all accounts, who is now back training with the match day squad

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Mmbappe to Real Madrid in "the most expensive free transfer in history"

I thought that they were financially fucked?

He's swapping one farmers league for another

augie

Post by augie »

There is absolutely no doubt that barca are in a world of financial problems, and in all likelihood this summer will see a fire sale of sorts in a desperate attempt to balance the books.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26065214 ... alary-cut/

You can almost put your house on the fact that, with all the top players that will be available, we will go in and sign some fcuking numpty useless c.unt like ferran torres or marcus alonso or some other c.unt :roll: :oops: I know that they wont sell a load of top players this summer, but I dont think it is unrealistic to expect 2 or 3 to be sold to raise funds, UNLESS some stupid cunting clubs come in and offer to buy their shit players from them :rubchin: :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I agree. He's not world class. But I'd give him a go at our place. Deffo more clinical finisher than The Feather, Jesus and Granit Havertz combined and will outscore all three put together this season.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:28 am
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I agree. He's not world class. But I'd give him a go at our place. Deffo more clinical finisher than The Feather, Jesus and Granit Havertz combined and will outscore all three put together this season.

Not about how many individual score, its about the collective. Last years 88 league goals was the highest PL tally in the PL era for Arsenal; more goals than we ever scored with Henry, RVP, Sanchez, Aubamayang leading the line. I think a static centre forward is not want Arteta is wanting.

I also find it comical people think an attitude challenged 28 year old who plays for Brentford is the 'missing piece'. And like someone mentioned, he would be another Aubamayang. Oh look Ivan turned up to training half an hour late. Oh look Ivan has turned up at a formal function wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie. Oh look Ivan is on his phone again in a team meeting. Oh look Ivan is double parked again. Does Ivan come with a behavioral phycologist?

One of the reasons for the turnaround was binning your Bellerins, Aubayangs, Geundhouzi's ect. Ivan Toney has a clothing line - thats always a red flag. Toney gives me the 'J-Lingz' vibes. And whose to say he wont get pinged for gambling again? No way will Arteta bring this guy into the fold.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Not about how many individual score, its about the collective. Last years 88 league goals was the highest PL tally in the PL era for Arsenal; more goals than we ever scored with Henry, RVP, Sanchez, Aubamayang leading the line. I think a static centre forward is not want Arteta is wanting.

I also find it comical people think an attitude challenged 28 year old who plays for Brentford is the 'missing piece'. And like someone mentioned, he would be another Aubamayang. Oh look Ivan turned up to training half an hour late. Oh look Ivan has turned up at a formal function wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie. Oh look Ivan is on his phone again in a team meeting. Oh look Ivan is double parked again. Does Ivan come with a behavioral phycologist?

One of the reasons for the turnaround was binning your Bellerins, Aubayangs, Geundhouzi's ect. Ivan Toney has a clothing line - thats always a red flag. Toney gives me the 'J-Lingz' vibes. And whose to say he wont get pinged for gambling again? No way will Arteta bring this guy into the fold.
Dench !

I agree that we don’t need players who are not fully focused on football

Midz

Post by Midz »

Lautaro Martinez please.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Wilson, ffs, it's starting to come across as amateur level wumming now. :lol:

1. Whether he wants a conventional centre forward or not (and Pep's change of heart with Haaland didn't do treble winning City too much harm did it?), I'm sure we could find a forward with far more of a goalscoring gene than Jesus, Havertz or Eddie. None of them are even close to the answer.

2. Some on here are quite keen on signing Toney, but I've not seen anyone exalt him as "the missing piece". Personally, I'm pretty "meh" about it, because I'd hope for better, but I can see why many would prefer Toney over our misfiring strikers....and I use the word very loosely.

3. I'll be very interested in your judgement of Arteta if he actually does buy Toney. There'll be a queue on here to remind you of it.