MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

Post by Herd »

If we lose will Wenger claim it was because of Brexit !

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:If we lose will Wenger claim it was because of Brexit !

Of course....and there is no 'Y' in the month and the grass was too long / short and it was too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry, too absolutely perfect and the ball was round and the ref / linesman was a *word censored* and the other team turned up with eleven players (bastards !) and their manager had coached them and used, you know, tactics (cheating bastards !) and they tried to score and stop us scoring (bloody cheating bastards !) and they ignored our zonal marking statues AND ran by them (fucking bloody cheating bastards !) and they were laughing as Ramsey (I have to get him in somewhere :wink: ) was passing straight to them / into touch / flicking it fuck knows where and............you get the drift.....

mattyb

Post by mattyb »

I know this isnt exactly the thread for it but we need to get the message out for this games demo..

***UPDATE***
Please note the final details for Sundays demo.

2.50pm opposite the box office in Drayton Park is the gathering point.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

NickF wrote:
Wilson wrote:If we do win, Wenger will treat it like a cup win - it will be a magical triumph and he will revel in 'proving the critics wrong'. Wally and Aaron will come out and say how the rest of Europe has been put on notice. And it will be like the 10-2 Bayer thrashing never happened, likewise the 3-1 defeats to Liverpool, WBA and Chelsea.

Because if there is one thing Wenger and the players are the best at. Its whitewashing history and using one good result to atone the previous 5 bad ones.

All the same, what if we dont get another big result this year? What if Wenger doesn't get his opportune moment to announce a new deal? We would have to beat either City or United at home, or Tottenham away, or win the FA Cup - these are the only chances Wenger has to create a window for him to announce he is staying. Or is he that arrogant that he would announce a new deal following a defeat. Which given his passive aggressive behavior toward the fans, ensures it might be plausible.

Im torn, as on one hand, I really do not like City, Jose or Tottenham, but if we beat one of them - Wenger will use it to announce a deal.
This kind of thinking really does my head in. It is difficult enough to try to get people to protest, so when people keep posting that he has already signed and they are just waiting to announce it, if makes it so much more difficult.

Back on topic, top 4 in danger so the players will step up, Arsenal win for me.
its what the club does. They are liars and propagandists.

Ill tell you what else will happen. The club will 'freeze' ticket price increases, and will try and portray it as a nice gesture. Although really, they are just locking in champions league prices for Europea league matches

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dribbles with the ball like a dog playing with a balloon

erm, look...I know it wasn't in this thread but I still find it very amusing :D :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

:censored:

MecurialGooner

Post by MecurialGooner »

Midz wrote:
Dribbles with the ball like a dog playing with a balloon

erm, look...I know it wasn't in this thread but I still find it very amusing :D :barscarf:
:lol:

General

Post by General »

Sean wrote:
phpBB [video]

:blah: :blah: :blah:

:censored:
I'm more convinced that ever that this game is going to be a disaster. He's calling it end to end, you attack we attack, just like they way he likes it. Defence and any sort of tactical organisation goes out of the window. It's not going to be pretty.

Also the comment on his contract situation about 'it not being completely sorted' is rather interesting. Notice how we now defers to the club rather 'we' when he talks about Sanchez's contract situation as if to say he is no longer involved. This club is the ultimate secret society. They are definitely up to something.

I'm still clinging onto the hope that they are negotiating a successor and can't announce anything until it's done. There is no good announcing the dinosaur is leaving if they haven't got a successor lined up. Whatever the case, they've made a complete mess of the situation and we are going to pay a heavy price for it.

Babu

Post by Babu »

General wrote:
I'm still clinging onto the hope that they are negotiating a successor and can't announce anything until it's done. There is no good announcing the dinosaur is leaving if they haven't got a successor lined up. Whatever the case, they've made a complete mess of the situation and we are going to pay a heavy price for it.
That "hope" might be smashed to pieces if The Arsenal announce they have found a Managerial successor ( brilliant! ) but then announce that our new Sporting Director is...yeah, you know who!
I'm leaning towards this.

Just a thought...

DB10 in as manager ( with or without Frank de Boer )...can't tell us yet, as he's still under contract...and Wenger moves upstairs!

General

Post by General »

DB10 not flying would be a massive draw back.
I think we are seriously looking at Tuchel.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

General wrote:DB10 not flying would be a massive draw back.
Skype for the teamtalk? :rubchin: Whatsapp for sending messages to the bench? :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Skype for the teamtalk? :rubchin: Whatsapp for sending messages to the bench? :D
But he could stand up on a ladder to see into the screen,oops wrong DB

Babu

Post by Babu »

They manage at Ajax...and who said that he'll need to fly?

He can drive to Norwich! :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

given the amount of seats available these days can you just turn up on the day of the match and get a ticket from the box office?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Well its almost upon us Folks , if we win he will announce he is staying if we lose he still might but if we get a real shellacking he may be forced to wait.
Then he's in a Jam because we have West Ham who have often caused us problems especially if carrol is playing !