MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wilson

Re: MAN CITY HOME GAME THREAD

Post by Wilson »

Well we didnt win, but a draw has got Wenger talking about 'mental strengh'.

This guy is in denial. He is so far off with the fairies, its amazing.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Walcott off & on come the lampost & iwoble. That just about sums up what we've got to offer. Crap !! City should have smashed us but good luck saved us & Wenger. Come on you 'ammers:barscarf: :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

Le fraud got out of jail here. :( No surprises he's spinning the few positives he can get from the result.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

General wrote:Le fraud got out of jail here. :( No surprises he's spinning the few positives he can get from the result.
I just can't see that scraping a pretty undeserved draw in such a dire performance in a game that (if you give a shit about finishing 4th) was of massive importance is carrying any water with anyone.

Other than Keown, who thought it showed that the players fought for him.

Must have been watching a different game.

Herd

Post by Herd »

We seemed to have completely abandoned having a defensive midfielder preferring to let Xhaka and Coquelin bizarrely wander around
with no clear idea or intent .
To play shoot out and rush goalies with City could have ended in a cricket score , I'm still not quite sure how it didn't .
In all of Wengers teams this one is the most disorganised rabble that I have ever ever seen .
What amazed me was how we know how to exploit a Zonal marking defence but don't know how to operate one !
Im sure West Ham will try and batter us with Carrol on Wednesday !
As others have pointed out that result put us even further behind the Top 4 !

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

northbank123 wrote:This City side are incapable of playing any more than 20-odd minutes each game. We were awful even after drawing level and could have played a few more hours without threatening to score. But despite getting the all in good positions at will, they carried barely any more threat.

Jesus Navas has been dog shit since the day he came to this country and surely has to be shipped out - he scores less than fucking Hleb used to. And Yaya Toure is the laziest, most pedestrian player in the entire league.

Definitely a penalty at the end for me though and whilst I was watching on my phone it looked like Xhaka and Coq were both very fortunate not to see red for a few brainless fouls apiece.
Fucking modern fans these days :roll: :wink: :D