The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Re: The January "He Looks Quite Good" Transfer Thread

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Hang on a min. New rules state you can't increase your total squad wage by more than 7 percent or something like that. Shirley DONT CALL ME SHIRLY, paying Sanchez 500,000 a week would affect Uniteds wage structure.
Who cares anyway they won't win the league while pep is at City so Sanchez can enjoy the cash and hope to win a cup.
United are at least spending big money on the team to try and win it. Wish we had a boss with vision any vision . He didn't see that

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It would be a typical Moron-hio approach.... just throw buckets of money at it... and if that doesn't work, create a "problem" to facilitate your exit strategy and fuck off to the next big money club... :roll: :censored:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Everton with Rooney and Walcott up front now.

Would be awesome if it was FIFA10

Happy Talk

Post by Happy Talk »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 am
Sanchez now 3/100 to join manure now. Wenger confirms deal is likely to happen

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -to-happen

I am really starting to hate Wenger with a passion. How has he allowed things to get this bad.
He has to get the 'I've been doing this for 30 years' bit in there - 10 years too long, fuck off!

BTW Ozil - always remember Ballack saying to the BBC when he was punditing (is that a verb? It is now) that Ozil is your King-Pin to build the team around, he was in disbelief as to what was going on at Arsenal with him, and that was not long after we signed him! He is a beautiful player, his talent squandered by Mr 30 Years.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

with all the areas that need strengthening looks like we are getting a player similar to Ozil.......strange signing....although was decent when in Germany....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:23 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:11 pm
:roll:

Talking of that lazy git Ozil, where the fuck is he?

He plays when he wants, he plays when he wants, the little fucker!, he plays when he wants...,
:barscarf: :lol:

:rubchin:

hmmm... :rubchin:

Methinks he's been busy quietly creating chances for the utter shit in front of him... just a pity he can't add the pointlessly running around like Robbie Savage "ability" to his skill set huh? :lol:

Oh, look - just gonna drop this in here;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... tri-payet/

The lazy bastard... :lol:

:wink: :wink:
Fucking hell, he is going too!.... :shock: 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Where's the reluctant Armenian?....
Fucking good init, he don't wanna come and join Wengers losers.... 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Kingralph wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:34 pm
Everton with Rooney and Walcott up front now.

Would be awesome if it was FIFA10
It's like the 2006 World Cup alternative universe.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 am
Ray C wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:40 am
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:20 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:23 pm
Tbh Theo wasn't good enough for us but i sometimes wonder with the right manager and coaches how good he could have been. Anyway good luck to him and it will be interesting to see how he gets on under fat Sam, i expect he'll get consistent game time if nothing else due to their lack of strikers up there.

The injury proneness is a valid point too, you look at some of the players we've had over the years who have suffered injury after injury and then reoccurance of the injury and it begs serious questions of our training and coaching, there is also a major question mark over our medical team as well and i wonder if with all the changes behind the scenes whether someone will eventually ask questions about them too
Not good enough for us? When he was a regular starter we never finished outside the top 4. He played 63mins in the league this season and we're 6th. This season he has played in league cup and Europa League and we finished top of the group and we've got to the semi final of the league cup. It's not all down to him, and yes, he had a stinker at forest, but when you consider Iwobi is his regular replacement in the first team you're seriously not looking at his stats, just following the crowd. Given that he wasn't coached rarely got an opportunity to play in the role that brought him to us, and hasn't got to the levels we expected, he still scored 1 in 4 games from the wing. Over 12 years how many wingers have got those numbers in the premier league? It was time for him to move and I wish him well at Everton.
Sorry mate 'The Boy Wonder' is and always has been shit. Maybe he should have been a professional sprinter instead - oh no wait - he wouldn't get some poor fucking club like ours paying him fucking heaps for doing fuck all. See how he goes as captain in the championship with Everton. He probably wont even get in the team. But on a lighter note "good luck to him" & "thanks for fuck all". :barscarf: :barscarf:
Wenger talking today about Wally...some strange wording...

"Personally I'm very attached to Theo, because he's actually my son," Wenger told an unsurprised news conference on Thursday.
:D :wink:
:D :D :D

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 43896.html

Aubameyang left out of BD squad for tonight's game, we surely can't fuck this one up as well.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

markyp wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm
Theo is the epitome of Wengers crumblimg empire,vastly overpaid and outstayed his welcome by a long long way,however I for one thank Theo for all the goals he scored and acknowledge that had he been under a different manager and played in his favoured positon he probably would have fulfilled his potential,
I agree that Wenger is culpable too .I think it cannot be a coincidence that 2 similar players from similar backgrounds(the ox and walcott) have both failed to make any progress under wenger.A stricter manager who was also a better tactician and only rewarded progress may well have seen these 2 (and possibly others) achieve much more.There is no doubt they both could and should of contributed more but wenger is certainly a major factor in their failure to progress.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Watch Theo hit the ground running and I reckon Fatsam will get the best out of him.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

"" Beware the ides of February 3rd "", Just as Theo makes his Emirates return after the window has slammed shut . ( Jim White's words not mine).

MrT

Post by MrT »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm
Sanchez going to be on £500k a week, not going for the money then is he.
I've seen this story in a couple of papers, but I struggle to believe it. At the start of the Sanchez saga, papers were reporting that he wanted 300 to 350k pw. Why would a club offer more than he was asking for? An amortized 5 million signing on fee would only equate to c.20k pw.
Also, no other club seems to be willing to pay anywhere near that amount.

However, I hope it is true, because even for Manure that's a lot of money, and there might be a Pogba or de Gea looking for a payrise and many squad players will be very disgruntled.
Man United breathe, bleed and shit money. That wage is nothing to them if it means Mourinho getting our best player from Wenger's hands and rubbing it in his face.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sky website:

"Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says Alexis Sanchez's move to Manchester United is "likely to happen" in the next 24 hours, with Henrikh Mkhitaryan coming the other way.

Wenger also confirmed Mkhitaryan's wages will not be a problem in the potential swap deal and the Armenian is seen as a direct replacement for Sanchez, who is out of contract at Arsenal in the summer.

"I've worked on transfers for 30 years so it is likely to happen but any moment things can break down," Wenger said."

whaaaaaaaaat a ceeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnt. #wengerout