ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by the playing mantis »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:50 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:28 am
augie wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:18 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 pm
Toney has scored 4 in 5 games since coming back. Pretty fucking good to be honest!

Signing him on a 4 or 5 year deal would be like Aubameyang all over again, 1 or 2 good seasons at best.

We need a younger model I think but not Ferguson at Brighton, nowhere near good enough and we can't wait 3 years for him to become a top striker.

Isnt that a fact - swear to god you would think that we must have an ian wright in our squad the way some people are dissing Toney :roll: He has gone months without competitive football so yes it is only natural that he isnt at his most prolific while he is still trying to catch up to match sharpness, but he is still a million times better as a goal scorer than jesus, nketieh and the german dud combined :roll:
I'm not saying that he is world class or anything, and maybe there are better strikers out there that we can get, but right now I am struggling to think of even one
I agree. He's not world class. But I'd give him a go at our place. Deffo more clinical finisher than The Feather, Jesus and Granit Havertz combined and will outscore all three put together this season.

Not about how many individual score, its about the collective. Last years 88 league goals was the highest PL tally in the PL era for Arsenal; more goals than we ever scored with Henry, RVP, Sanchez, Aubamayang leading the line. I think a static centre forward is not want Arteta is wanting.

I also find it comical people think an attitude challenged 28 year old who plays for Brentford is the 'missing piece'. And like someone mentioned, he would be another Aubamayang. Oh look Ivan turned up to training half an hour late. Oh look Ivan has turned up at a formal function wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie. Oh look Ivan is on his phone again in a team meeting. Oh look Ivan is double parked again. Does Ivan come with a behavioral phycologist?

One of the reasons for the turnaround was binning your Bellerins, Aubayangs, Geundhouzi's ect. Ivan Toney has a clothing line - thats always a red flag. Toney gives me the 'J-Lingz' vibes. And whose to say he wont get pinged for gambling again? No way will Arteta bring this guy into the fold.

:lol: :lol:
Wilson, ffs, it's starting to come across as amateur level wumming now. :lol:

1. Whether he wants a conventional centre forward or not (and Pep's change of heart with Haaland didn't do treble winning City too much harm did it?), I'm sure we could find a forward with far more of a goalscoring gene than Jesus, Havertz or Eddie. None of them are even close to the answer.

2. Some on here are quite keen on signing Toney, but I've not seen anyone exalt him as "the missing piece". Personally, I'm pretty "meh" about it, because I'd hope for better, but I can see why many would prefer Toney over our misfiring strikers....and I use the word very loosely.

3. I'll be very interested in your judgement of Arteta if he actually does buy Toney. There'll be a queue on here to remind you of it.
Why you little cock pussy Retro!

Don't be talking logic at it!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Isnt that a fact - swear to god you would think that we must have an ian wright in our squad the way some people are dissing Toney :roll: He has gone months without competitive football so yes it is only natural that he isnt at his most prolific while he is still trying to catch up to match sharpness, but he is still a million times better as a goal scorer than jesus, nketieh and the german dud combined :roll:
I'm not saying that he is world class or anything, and maybe there are better strikers out there that we can get, but right now I am struggling to think of even one
I agree. He's not world class. But I'd give him a go at our place. Deffo more clinical finisher than The Feather, Jesus and Granit Havertz combined and will outscore all three put together this season.

Not about how many individual score, its about the collective. Last years 88 league goals was the highest PL tally in the PL era for Arsenal; more goals than we ever scored with Henry, RVP, Sanchez, Aubamayang leading the line. I think a static centre forward is not want Arteta is wanting.

I also find it comical people think an attitude challenged 28 year old who plays for Brentford is the 'missing piece'. And like someone mentioned, he would be another Aubamayang. Oh look Ivan turned up to training half an hour late. Oh look Ivan has turned up at a formal function wearing baggy jeans and a hoodie. Oh look Ivan is on his phone again in a team meeting. Oh look Ivan is double parked again. Does Ivan come with a behavioral phycologist?

One of the reasons for the turnaround was binning your Bellerins, Aubayangs, Geundhouzi's ect. Ivan Toney has a clothing line - thats always a red flag. Toney gives me the 'J-Lingz' vibes. And whose to say he wont get pinged for gambling again? No way will Arteta bring this guy into the fold.

1. Whether he wants a conventional centre forward or not (and Pep's change of heart with Haaland didn't do treble winning City too much harm did it?), I'm sure we could find a forward with far more of a goalscoring gene than Jesus, Havertz or Eddie. None of them are even close to the answer.

2. Some on here are quite keen on signing Toney, but I've not seen anyone exalt him as "the missing piece". Personally, I'm pretty "meh" about it, because I'd hope for better, but I can see why many would prefer Toney over our misfiring strikers....and I use the word very loosely.

3. I'll be very interested in your judgement of Arteta if he actually does buy Toney. There'll be a queue on here to remind you of it.

Yes, you're right of course Mantis, I need to convert to the blind faith religion and dispense with logic. Very cock pussy-ish of me. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 pm
Toney has scored 4 in 5 games since coming back. Pretty fucking good to be honest!

Signing him on a 4 or 5 year deal would be like Aubameyang all over again, 1 or 2 good seasons at best.

We need a younger model I think but not Ferguson at Brighton, nowhere near good enough and we can't wait 3 years for him to become a top striker.

Read that absolute drivel to yourself again and ask yourself why the majority of posters on here view you as someone with no real knowledge of the game or as a WUM.

Last year's 88 goals? Highest tally for Arsenal in PL history? More goals than we scored with Henry?

Wow, look at Jesus and Nketiah shining their PL winners medals from last year. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:54 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yes, you're right of course Mantis, I need to convert to the blind faith religion and dispense with logic. Very cock pussy-ish of me. :lol:
Absolutely bro. Stats will win us this league. Stats and being out of possession. Yay! :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arteta doesn’t want Toney at the club. Doesn’t like his attitude.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:33 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:54 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

Absolutely bro. Stats will win us this league. Stats and being out of possession. Yay! :lol:
Interestingly, Wilson has now become very inspired by the idea of scoring goals, yet I’m sure a week or so ago he told us that it wasn’t about goals, it was Arteta’s boys not conceding them that was the important thing.

Well, we certainly didn’t score any goals tonight….didn’t even manage an effort on target despite 67% possession. Trouble is, we did manage to concede one. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:10 pm

Like I have said for the past two seasons, pep's cone boy cannot deal with players with personality and would rather jettison them out of the club and bring in robotic yes men :roll: Once upon a time a scottish manager signed a striker for AFC with personality issues and a prison record, and that worked out all right - GG knew how to man manage his players and wasnt afraid of the challenge

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:28 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Like I have said for the past two seasons, pep's cone boy cannot deal with players with personality and would rather jettison them out of the club and bring in robotic yes men :roll: Once upon a time a scottish manager signed a striker for AFC with personality issues and a prison record, and that worked out all right - GG knew how to man manage his players and wasnt afraid of the challenge
Absolutely bang on the money.

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:25 am
augie wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Playing devil's advocate, and I loved him as a player and all he did, but could be argued IWWW signing and the total dependency on him set us back till aw came in and changed things..! Although appreciate there was other stuff going on at the time that causes our decline.

the playing mantis

BTW I'm not defending arteta here we all know he cannot deal with big characters

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:25 am
augie wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Playing devil's advocate, and I loved him as a player and all he did, but could be argued IWWW signing and the total dependency on him set us back till aw came in and changed things..! Although appreciate there was other stuff going on at the time that causes our decline.
In the latter stages yes I'd agree. But initially when we signed Wrighty we had great players like Merson and Limpar there too plus the back four. But as you say there was a lot of other stuff going on including the fact GG wanted to leave.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

All this talk of cock–pussy, I thought you guys might be interested to know that for female bodybuilders, there is actually a cock-pussy. They can get so boosted on steroids and male hormones, that their clitoris actually extends out to look like a small penis.

And so ends today’s science lesson.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
He'll end up at the chavs who will happily throw 90m plus at Brentford for him. It's clear that we're not in for him and to be honest, I'm not too unhappy about that. There's something of the Jamie Vardy about him that I don't really warm to. Who's on our transfer list for the summer then, Bobby?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:56 am
All this talk of cock–pussy, I thought you guys might be interested to know that for female bodybuilders, there is actually a cock-pussy. They can get so boosted on steroids and male hormones, that their clitoris actually extends out to look like a small penis.

Yeah, that's now top of my list of things never to look for online .

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:08 am
Kingralph wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:56 am

Yeah, that's now top of my list of things never to look for online .

:lol: :lol: :lol: