other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

Cheaty only gained +1 in the GD so no real damage. Write off their home games it’s away from home the (slim) chance is.

I’ve my fingers crossed that the scum lose again tomorrow making it 4 defeats on the spin. They might just get some reaction at home to city after a run like that. That’s all I got I’m afraid.

That our comedy Iwobi puts one in off his enormous arse.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Easy for those *word censored* :cry: They'll win all the remaining games comfy :cry: *word censored*

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Oh, that Villa game. :roll:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:49 pm
Oh, that Villa game. :roll:
Yep, that the one that did it :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Fwiw I think if we win vs Villa we don’t go on the run we are currently on. I think we were starting to drop off and it has sort of galvanised us. The League was lost at Christmas vs Fulham and West Ham.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:33 pm
Fwiw I think if we win vs Villa we don’t go on the run we are currently on. I think we were starting to drop off and it has sort of galvanised us. The League was lost at Christmas vs Fulham and West Ham.
I get Christmas argument. Had we beaten Fulham at least once this season then it would be better off. I disagree re Villa, though. Our domestic form has been consistent for a while, so take the European shambles out of the equation (and we were shit against Porto) and simply focus on league form I think we will still be where we are, just 3 points better off.

Of course it’s a disputable point but IF we win our next two and don’t win the league the only game that we can honestly say hurt us the worst as Villa (h). Primarily because we dominated them for about 55/60 mins.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

If we don’t win the league it will be because of the first half of the season where we were too inconsistent - and defensively a lot weaker than we have been since January.

It’s not even the defeats - looking back at the results and there are three 2-2 draws where we dropped 6 points. Fulham and Spurs at home and Chelsea away.
2 other matches where we were very lucky too - Man United home and Luton away. Both could have finished in draws.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I just had a butchers at the Fulham fartpipes record v Cheaty and it's horrible..They've not won in 21 and have lost 15 on the bounce :cry: It's oh so romantic how little Cheaty who were in the 3rd tier not long ago have organically built this team they have :barscarf: It warms the cockles it really does :oops:
Last edited by falkirk goon on Sat May 04, 2024 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 pm
I just had a butchers at the fartpipes record v Cheaty and it's horrible..They've not won in 21 and have lost 15 on the bounce :cry: It's oh so romantic how little Cheaty who were in the 3rd tier not long ago have organically built this team they have :barscarf: It warms the cockles it really does :oops:
Who?

Oh, you’ve edited it to say Fulham now.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:56 pm
If we don’t win the league it will be because of the first half of the season where we were too inconsistent - and defensively a lot weaker than we have been since January.

It’s not even the defeats - looking back at the results and there are three 2-2 draws where we dropped 6 points. Fulham and Spurs at home and Chelsea away.
2 other matches where we were very lucky too - Man United home and Luton away. Both could have finished in draws.
And if you look back at the games when we were at our worst - thr lucky 2-2 at Chelsea, the loss at Newcastle and the two losses over Xmas, either Nketiah or Jesus started in all of them. The lack of centre forward cost us big time. Havertz has done an incredible job in the second half of the season but can't do it all

Those 2 clowns have cost us the title - no doubt about it in my mind

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

I don't really see the point in looking back and saying we lost it at x y z

Any Club can do the same.

What lost it is lack of clinical striker.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

It's hilarious to listen to TNT and Sky as they completely brush the 115 charges against City under the carpet. The FA are going to do fuck all about City and it will be a slap on the wrist at most(whenever they do finally 'punish' them). If it was us in that position, it would be mentioned daily.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

wibble wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:11 am
I see falkirk goons home team (Falkirk FC for anyone really hungover this morning) are one game away today from going the whole league season unbeaten.

A feat to match our own invincibles I’m sure we’ll all agree :wink:
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: 2 goals down after 45 mins the Bairns managed a fightback and equalised in 85 mins from the penalty spot 8) :barscarf: P 36 W 27 D 9 L 0

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Perversely enough I reckon that the best chance we have of the scum getting a result against city is for the defeats to continue piling up for them. Nick a win today and Ange is back to being declared the messiah and they’ve a get out of jail free defeat in hand to go and get dicked by city next week.

However lose today and that’s 4 defeats on the bounce, they then have Burnley at home at the weekend which will help steady the ship (wins against the skid mark 3 are irrelevant) and then it’s on to their final home game of the season against cheaty.

Whatever slim hope we have we need the victims to win today, if scum win it’s all she wrote for me.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tru Dat Rodders. :|