Welcome Declan Rice

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Do you want Rice at Arsenal

Poll ended at Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:51 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 27

IW8Goalmachine

Re: Declan Rice

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:22 am
Rice for 100m or Xhaka to sign a new contract :rubchin:

:lol:
Just give the turd 100mil to leave

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Rice for 100000billionZillionKatrillion or Xhaka to sign a new contract :rubchin:

Sign him right now. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:44 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Rice for 100m or Xhaka to sign a new contract :rubchin:

Just give the turd 100mil to leave
Ooh that might be the best solution! :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Forget the money - there's rumours that Chelsea are turning down £60m bids for Mason fucking Mount - football long since stopped being financially sustainable or sensible, and there's nothing that the FA, UEFA or FIFA are going to do about it. If we want him pay the money, if we think we've got better targets, tell West Ham to fuck off.

I'm afraid if Squealish is £100m, Maguire £80m etc, then we need to get used to these sort of price tags for players who we think are half decent, but not world class.

Saka must surely be worth £150m in today's market by the same token?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:09 pm
Forget the money - there's rumours that Chelsea are turning down £60m bids for Mason fucking Mount - football long since stopped being financially sustainable or sensible, and there's nothing that the FA, UEFA or FIFA are going to do about it. If we want him pay the money, if we think we've got better targets, tell West Ham to fuck off.

I'm afraid if Squealish is £100m, Maguire £80m etc, then we need to get used to these sort of price tags for players who we think are half decent, but not world class.

And the general consensus is that clubs over-paid for both players, so just cos they cost that amount doesnt make it wise to pay it.

It is accepted by fans, the media and clubs alike that there is a hefty premium on english players in premier league - I know that mount has only 12 months left on his contract, but how are we spending 65m on the german dud havertz when manure are saying they will only pay 55m for mount ??? Expiring contract I know, but english premium should counter act that at least

Midz

Post by Midz »

It's the agents trying to get as much as possible no matter the worth of the players.

If your house is worth 350K but the estate agent says he can get 450k you aren't gonna say no are you. You don't care as long as you get the highest price. the fact that all the other estate agents are doing the same to the place you want to buy make it ridiculous but that's the way it is and it's the same with footballers.

Fucking stupid I know but what can we do? Nothing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:45 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:09 pm

And the general consensus is that clubs over-paid for both players, so just cos they cost that amount doesnt make it wise to pay it.

It is accepted by fans, the media and clubs alike that there is a hefty premium on english players in premier league - I know that mount has only 12 months left on his contract, but how are we spending 65m on the german dud havertz when manure are saying they will only pay 55m for mount ??? Expiring contract I know, but english premium should counter act that at least
On the contrary, the way everyone in the media has been sucking Squealish off, they'd have you believe he was a bargain.

Any England International now is going to be 80m+

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Being lauded as such a great player in the press - else why would World Champions City want him ?

Think it was Shaka Hislop saying why would he want to go to Arsenal when he could play instead for City and win everything.

Just wait for them all to flip flop when he sign for us and say he is over rated and wasn’t good enough for City etc etc.
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think the poll should now read "Which of these transfer sagas is the most boring?"

Higuain
M'Vila
Benzema
Remy
Rice

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:53 am
I think the poll should now read "Which of these transfer sagas is the most boring?"

Higuain
M'Vila
Benzema
Joe Cole
Remy
Rice
Fixed that for ya buddy. :D :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Higuain
M'Vila
Benzema
Joe Cole
Remy
Rice
Don’t forget Mark Schwarzer, he’s been having his medical for so long he’s basically a doctor now.

Honourable mentions for recurring links each summer:
Philippe Mexès
Salomon Kalou
Sami Khedira

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

If you thought the Spuds were deluded have a read of KUMB. They’ve recently concluded that West Ham are a bigger club than Arsenal and why is Rice wanting out as they are European Champions. Yeah champions of a trophy that prevented any decent side entering.

Amongst other things they also reckon we are a nothing side that hasn’t won anything for 20 years. Apparently as they are European champions they are set for some sort of dynasty. Proper mental stuff.

John F

Post by John F »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:50 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Higuain
M'Vila
Benzema
Joe Cole
Remy
Rice
Don’t forget Mark Schwarzer, he’s been having his medical for so long he’s basically a doctor now.

Honourable mentions for recurring links each summer:
Philippe Mexès
Salomon Kalou
Sami Khedira
Dont forget Julian Draxler

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

And Mario Goetze of course! :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »