Porto dirty cheating putas Ch lge last 16 2nd leg Tues 12th Mar KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thynker

Re: Porto H Ch lge last 16 2nd leg Tues 12th Mar KO 8pm

Post by Thynker »

Big advantage to us that the away goals rule is now gone.

Midz

Post by Midz »

If we can score 2 goals the diving should cease but up until this point we have to expect it. Talentless cheating c.unts.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bunch of scum bags this lot...a disgrace to the competition with their diving and cheating tricks....will fuckin love it if we hammer the diving cheats

Im sure we will......

Come on The Arsenal... :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Teams like these arseholes are the reason I cannot watch Portuguese, Spanish or Italian foitball. The constant diving, feigning injury, and just general cheating as a first instinct among these cùnts is disgusting. :censored: :censored:

And yes the PL has gotten worse for that kind of shit but it's still nowhere near as bad as those three leagues. Yet. :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:48 am
Bunch of scum bags this lot...a disgrace to the competition with their diving and cheating tricks....will fuckin love it if we hammer the diving cheats

Im sure we will......

Come on The Arsenal... :barscarf:
We had one corner in the first half where 5 of them hit the deck :roll:

Hope we absolutely destroy them :twisted:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal will make a late fitness call on Gabriel Martinelli for FC Porto as he undergoes an individual session today and he is not involved with the rest of the team training.

He suffered a cut to his foot against Sheffield United which saw him miss the 2-1 win over Brentford.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I can't see us getting through this tie. They have a vital goal advantage and will employ the same defensive tactics they used in the first game. They were very good at it and comfortably kept us at arms length and we never looked like breaking them down. The last gasp goal they got has made a huge difference to things, because we need to score twice, yet I can't recall us mustering a single moment of genuine threat in the first leg. If they hit us on the break and nick a goal, even early on, then it will be all over.

As for the cheating tactics from our corners etc, they'll do exactly the same thing and will get away with it again. Referees always take the easy option to avoid controversy and practise "percentage" refereeing. It was clear to everyone that it was the Porto players who were holding and blocking, but when such a scene is created before the kick is taken and they then throw themselves to the ground, the ref will take the safe option and give them a free kick.

If ever we need an early goal (as we usually do), then it's tomorrow. Level the game up and keep patient while searching for a winner. Sadly I'm not at all confident. :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is important that Win this, I don't mean just for the obvious reasons of us going through to the next round, but after losing out there, it will help us maintain & strengthen our momentum and confidence.

I can see us Winning this by two clear goals at least. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Im going all football romantic for tonight, home game, under the lights....crowd in fine voice and we absolutely steamroll them.

back in reality we're looking at 80 minutes of lying on the ground before the snatch an away goal and game over.

butt i'll opt for scenarion 1!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:31 pm
I can't see us getting through this tie. They have a vital goal advantage and will employ the same defensive tactics they used in the first game. They were very good at it and comfortably kept us at arms length and we never looked like breaking them down. The last gasp goal they got has made a huge difference to things, because we need to score twice, yet I can't recall us mustering a single moment of genuine threat in the first leg. If they hit us on the break and nick a goal, even early on, then it will be all over.

As for the cheating tactics from our corners etc, they'll do exactly the same thing and will get away with it again. Referees always take the easy option to avoid controversy and practise "percentage" refereeing. It was clear to everyone that it was the Porto players who were holding and blocking, but when such a scene is created before the kick is taken and they then throw themselves to the ground, the ref will take the safe option and give them a free kick.

If ever we need an early goal (as we usually do), then it's tomorrow. Level the game up and keep patient while searching for a winner. Sadly I'm not at all confident. :(
will miss Martinelli...(who should have been subbed when we was 4-0 up) with his pace, yes go flat out for that early goal...although they look dangerous on break as well
`that said we can do it....we are a better team 2-0 to the mighty rip roaring reds, and fuck all the rest :barscarf:

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

For some reason I've never seen Trossard play well from a start, always does better against tired legs. So I'd probably go with Jesus start and bring in Trossard at 70 mins depending on how the game goes.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

If we score in the first 10 mins then we'll romp home. If it drags closer to 20+ without scoring then the pressure will be on.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

PP has us at 1/5 to win tonight

3/10 for us to qualify for next round

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bookies not often wrong.... :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

New expanded Champions League format from next season means computers are going to be used to make the draw. 

UEFA draw simulations have shown that a manual draw for the new format would take between three and four hours and require 900 balls. 

Instead a new hybrid method will be used - clubs will be drawn manually then the computer will take over and select their eight opponents.

The new hybrid draw is expected to take around 35 minutes - the same duration as the current draw for the existing format. 

An English IT company is coming up with the software which will carry out the digital part of the draw. There will also be two backup software systems and the draw will be audited.