Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Reno Gooner

Re: Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

Post by Reno Gooner »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:58 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 pm
Sack Arteta NOW! Put Saka on the transfer list NOW!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mate, you laugh but we’ve gone no further in any European competition with Arteta since he joined. We’ve collapsed in a title race twice in the space of 12 months and our “star player” contributes very little in big games whenever the pressure is on.

Laugh all you want, mate; but I want better for Arsenal than this shit.
Transfer list our best player.

Absolute nonsense. I’m disappointed as anyone but my goodness this stuff is amazing to read.
Stupid people find lots of things amazing.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Chelsea next week will be tough…

Although they have had a car crash of a season I still think they have the signing of the season in Cole Palmer.
How we desperately need someone like him.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:17 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:10 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:01 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:58 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 pm
Sack Arteta NOW! Put Saka on the transfer list NOW!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mate, you laugh but we’ve gone no further in any European competition with Arteta since he joined. We’ve collapsed in a title race twice in the space of 12 months and our “star player” contributes very little in big games whenever the pressure is on.

Laugh all you want, mate; but I want better for Arsenal than this shit.
Transfer list our best player.

Absolute nonsense. I’m disappointed as anyone but my goodness this stuff is amazing to read.
Stupid people find lots of things amazing.
Those who think Saka is our best player…
Fuck me!

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

There is a lot of ridiculous over-reaction on here tonight. We have a squad of around 14 first choice players and the best of those have been played to death. It’s gutting and total Deja-vu yet again but in my opinion it comes down to the manager refusing to buy an out and out striker. People calling for Saka to be sold is just mental. We have a base of around 9 or 10 really good players who have just run out of juice. Devastated by ‘what might have been’ but we just don’t know how to manage the really big games, when you need to change things to either chase a winner or defend a lead and that comes down to the manager. And the stupid free kick and wasted corner just kinda summed up tonight. Totally deflated and flat.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s be honest, we have a good team but not a side that will win any of the big pots.

Raya/Ramsdale - both suspect.
Saliba - top player.
Gabriel - passable.
Tomi - squad player.
Zinchenko - liability.
White - passable but not a top player.
Rice - top player.
Odegaard - top player.
Jorginho - veteran decent player.
Martinelli - hit and miss in the big games.
Saka - overplayed and certainly not at the level of a Foden.
Havertz - decent squad player.
Trossard - squad player.
ESR - has issues. Totally hit and miss.
Jesus - liability. Going backwards.
Nketiah - joke of a player.

Beyond that we have Timber who I reckon will be a decent player if he has recovered from his injury. There is nothing else in the squad.

Beyond that issue we have no real European pedigree. Even in our prime we were crashing out of Europe. Barring the final we were robbed of. But even that was in a season we finished 4th in the League in. It was a total surprise we got there in the first place.

We will only eat at the top table if we grow year on year with good acquisitions. We have not been making those consistently enough. Jesus and Zinchenko are two prime examples of a couple of bad buys which are dragging us down. How we have Jesus and Nketiah as our only two strikers is particularly damning.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Never looked like we would score and never looked like winning. At all, all night.
I know a lot is made of us not having a centre forward, which once again comes back to haunt us, but also our passing is too slow.
Look at Bayerns quick, slick passing. Watch Madrid against Cheaty and see how quick both teams move the ball.
Tactically we offered nothing.
Still I'm sure some rose tinters can find some stats to back up how great Diet Pep managed us tonight. :roll:
Tbh it's no better than under the old French fucker :suicide:

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Good effort but fell short. Lacking in some areas and change required to continue our progress. Took pep 7years to win the CL with 115 financial charges with city. A quarter final for our first time in years is a decent start.

Burning everything isn’t required but some tweaks to the recipe (mostly what Bobby highlighted above) oh well

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 pm
Good effort but fell short. Lacking in some areas and change required to continue our progress. Took pep 7years to win the CL with 115 financial charges with city. A quarter final for our first time in years is a decent start.

Burning everything isn’t required but some tweaks to the recipe (mostly what Bobby highlighted above) oh well
It's at this elite level where the lack of a Haaland, Kane, peak Salah striker is the difference

We entered this season with Eddie and Jesus as the main options and ended up putting Kai there because the pair of them were as shite as we envisaged

Small but predictable margins. Haaland was the difference between a very good City and a CL/Treble winning City.

Step

Post by Step »

Totally predictable .
Men against boys in both legs.
How we can be that flat in a Champions League semi is beyond me.
Bayern are an average team but we played into their hands in both games.
Not a lot of leaders tonight and as usual a tactically inept manager.
We got what we deserved and most of us expected it.

Viv Andersons Tache

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:42 pm

It's at this elite level where the lack of a Haaland, Kane, peak Salah striker is the difference

We entered this season with Eddie and Jesus as the main options and ended up putting Kai there because the pair of them were as shite as we envisaged

Small but predictable margins. Haaland was the difference between a very good City and a CL/Treble winning City.
Yep agree Steve.missing a bit of star quality in the final third. Some horse trading is required,

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

City out.

Fucking good.

If there's any consolation to us going out, it fucks up the scum that both English clubs go out. They desperately need the money.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

City out....makes my evening a bit better :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yep agree Steve.missing a bit of star quality in the final third. Some horse trading is required,
Who is the question? Has Toney got that sparkle? So few of them around but honestly think if we go into next year with the same striker options we will come up short again

Get Timber fit, clear out the squad clutter, proper CF. What else?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

What a manger Ancelloti is. I desperately wanted him when Chelsea stupidly sacked him in 2008 (I think), but of course, we had another 10 years of the French clown. :roll:

Viv Andersons Tache

Step wrote:

Bayern are an average team but we played into their hands in both games.
This suggestion isn’t true I’m afraid. They may not have won the title which is remarkable but they are a good siide.

I’m taking 6 out of their 11 to slot into ours without question

Neur
De ligt
Kimmich (class player)
Sane
Crayon eater
Musiala

Would you disagree ?