Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am
Rob Admin wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 am
The tie wasn't lost last night, it was lost in the first half of the first game when we thought we could squat Bayern aside in the opening 20 minutes.

We were naive playing that high line and leaving acres of space for Bayern to bomb into, comedy defending, White's miss that could have made it 2-0 were the death knell for us.

At this level you have to take your changes, Bayern showed us that. It's not the Premier League where you can miss 5 and still be handed chances on a plate.

We didn't look like ever scoring last night, but had we done the job in the 1st leg we could have gone to Bayern and lost narrowly. Arteta's tactics, well there weren't any were there - but Tuchel very easily totally nullified us all over the pitch last night.
fuckin hell the voice of sanity....you got everything spot on Rob...perfect update!
I concur wholeheartedly 8)

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

Might get this mythical game changing, trophy winning, legendary striker and squad players in phase 5.

A lot of people butt hurt because everyone in the media saying we choke, but we ain't done that bad in the past 2 years, although in reality bayern (this season only) are basically of crystal Palace standard

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am
Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 am
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 am

It would be nice to read your answer to Retro's question.

It was a good honest question that deserves to be answered.
If you answer my question I might answer his.

Did you direct that question at me?

If yes then that's a bit odd since I never mentioned anything about saka
Absolutely. Hey if it means so much to you that I answer his previous questions then he and you can answer mine first.

:lol: :lol: You're the guv'nor are you? We have to answer a question about Saka, despite neither of us entering that debate and then you'll deign to answer the questions that I'd previously asked and which you were clearly going to ignore?

Ok Viv, I'll play your game. Replacing an in form Saka with anyone else in the squad would have a deleterious effect on the team, in my opinion. However, if the boy is fatigued and/or struggling with a knock, then there's no option but to rest him. The manager might also take the chance to rest a key player in games where we face a weaker opponent, as Arteta did against Luton, when he made about 5 changes. These decisions are tricky, but it's what "elite" managers get the big bucks for.

We have the option of Nelson, Trossard and Martinelli to play on the right wing and if we add ESR into that mix (personally, I don't consider him a winger, but Arteta has played him out wide), then that's 4 players with which to fill the 2 wing slots while Saka rests.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, because I doubt anyone on here thinks the team is improved by not playing an in-form Saka, but if he's not performing at that level, then maybe he needs a break. Personally, I always want him in the side, but his performances have been below par recently.

There, question answered. Now how about answering the two questions I asked you on the previous page?
Thank you for your response Retro :cheers:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal players who started 40 matches this season:

1. Gabriel
2. Saliba
3. Ødegaard
4. White
5. Rice
6. Saka
7. Havertz

Man City players who started 40 matches this season:

Viv Andersons Tache

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 am

1. Gabriel
2. Saliba
3. Ødegaard
4. White
5. Rice
6. Saka
7. Havertz

Most matches they have 300 million in players sat on their bench. People like Doku and Grealish who cost between 60-100m. We have Tomiyasu, Trossard a few kids that came through the academy. Everyone can see the problem.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:12 am

1. Gabriel
2. Saliba
3. Ødegaard
4. White
5. Rice
6. Saka
7. Havertz

Most matches they have 300 million in players sat on their bench. People like Doku and Grealish who cost between 60-100m. We have Tomiyasu, Trossard a few kids that came through the academy. Everyone can see the problem.
So are you going to answer Retro's question?

Hold up your end of the bargain

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He obviously has no real trust in the back up players ,but most of them are his signings, on a side note apparently Saka and Odegaard had late fitness tests prior to the game,his squad rotating is particularly worrying .

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am

If you answer my question I might answer his.

Absolutely. Hey if it means so much to you that I answer his previous questions then he and you can answer mine first.

:lol: :lol: You're the guv'nor are you? We have to answer a question about Saka, despite neither of us entering that debate and then you'll deign to answer the questions that I'd previously asked and which you were clearly going to ignore?

Ok Viv, I'll play your game. Replacing an in form Saka with anyone else in the squad would have a deleterious effect on the team, in my opinion. However, if the boy is fatigued and/or struggling with a knock, then there's no option but to rest him. The manager might also take the chance to rest a key player in games where we face a weaker opponent, as Arteta did against Luton, when he made about 5 changes. These decisions are tricky, but it's what "elite" managers get the big bucks for.

We have the option of Nelson, Trossard and Martinelli to play on the right wing and if we add ESR into that mix (personally, I don't consider him a winger, but Arteta has played him out wide), then that's 4 players with which to fill the 2 wing slots while Saka rests.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, because I doubt anyone on here thinks the team is improved by not playing an in-form Saka, but if he's not performing at that level, then maybe he needs a break. Personally, I always want him in the side, but his performances have been below par recently.

There, question answered. Now how about answering the two questions I asked you on the previous page?
Don't mention it Viv, you're more than welcome. Any danger of you answering my questions as promised?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

I concur
I also Concur.

:popcorn:

Viv Andersons Tache

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Don't mention it Viv, you're more than welcome. Any danger of you answering my questions as promised?
Sorry I am afraid not. I was lying all along. I had no intention of answering any of the questions you had asked at any point. I just wanted to see what you were going to say.

augie

Post by augie »

This c.unt should be gone by now :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:14 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Sorry I am afraid not. I was lying all along. I had no intention of answering any of the questions you had asked at any point. I just wanted to see what you were going to say.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a wanker. If you had any credibility left at all, then it's all gone now mate. Even those that generally agree with you will be embarrassed for you. Amongst the rest of us, I've no doubt you'll get zero respect for being the coward and the moron you clearly are.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:31 am
He obviously has no real trust in the back up players ,but most of them are his signings, on a side note apparently Saka and Odegaard had late fitness tests prior to the game,his squad rotating is particularly worrying .
All for the princely sum of £700m :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

We tried to a have a decent conversation but you showed your true colours.

You're a joke.

A complete WUM.
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a wanker. If you had any credibility left at all, then it's all gone now mate. Even those that generally agree with you will be embarrassed for you. Amongst the rest of us, I've no doubt you'll get zero respect for being the coward and the moron you clearly are.
Made me laugh :lol:

But I have a suspicion that the ban hammer may be making an appearance :rubchin:

:hammer: