Flat cap wearing whippet shagging fartpipes H Sat Oct 28th KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: Flat cap wearing whippet shagging fartpipes H Sat Oct 28th KO 3pm

Post by Kingralph »

I can see us struggling today. It is going to be one of those games where, like Stoke from 10 years ago, they will be overly aggressive without getting any kind of punishment, and we will wilt and cry about it rather than kicking them back.
Targeting Saka and Odegaard for the roughest treatment, of course.

I also fully expect them to score, a shitty, scruffy goal from a set piece, and have us huff and puff, without creating very much at all.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:32 am
I can see us struggling today. It is going to be one of those games where, like Stoke from 10 years ago, they will be overly aggressive without getting any kind of punishment, and we will wilt and cry about it rather than kicking them back.

I also fully expect them to score, a shitty, scruffy goal from a set piece, and have us huff and puff, without creating very much at all.
Aaaah! The Orcs of Stoke & Blackburn Rovers eh!? Those were days.... Kicking Arsenal players 6 feet in the air on cold wet Winter's night oop north and the Refs doing sweet FA...whilst Fat Slug cheek wobbling allardyce complained about Arsenal payers gong down easily having just been elbowed in the throat!

Thing is we Do have fighters in our ranks now... Not many but for sure: Gabriel, Tomi, Salibi, Rambo (if he plays) and Rice Rice Baby won't take any shit...

Arsenal win 5 - Nil or 5 - 1 at a pinch... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Kingralph wrote:

I doubt it - this is the type of game where nketieh shines and then the cringy section of our support comes rushing out telling everyone that he is indeed good enough to play for AFC, and el baque tells the world post game that we dont need toney or osimhen cos we have two of the best strikers in the game :roll: :oops:

No doubt we'll win this - it wont be comfortable at times, and it might be a hard watch for long spells, but in the end we will run out comfortable 3-1 or 4-1 winners with nketieh bagging two

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

This is the sort of game we’d lose. Complacency is an evil that is rooted in our minds, and playing this lot will likely breed complacency.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Kingralph wrote:

jesus, its like he has a time machine and can see it all before it happens!

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

xgtdec wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:15 pm
Kingralph wrote:

Because I’ve seen it every time we play a shit northern team, that should be cannon-fodder, for the past 20 years

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Kingralph wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:35 pm
xgtdec wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:15 pm
Kingralph wrote:

Because I’ve seen it every time we play a shit northern team, that should be cannon-fodder, for the past 20 years
:D If it makes you feel any better you've only being doing it for 20 years, not much consolation i know but still, lets hope we've something to cheer come 5pm

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Correct decision to give Odegaard a breather, would have also started Nelson ahead of Saka though.

Mr Eboue

Post by Mr Eboue »

Odergaard on the bench. Good to see ESR get a start.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Raya is free to do as he wants

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

How in fuck's name is that fucking idiot still in goal?
22Raya
4White
2Saliba
15Kiwior
35Zinchenko
10Smith Rowe
41Rice
29Havertz
7Saka
14Nketiah
11Martinelli

Substitutes
1Ramsdale
6Gabriel
8Ødegaard
18Tomiyasu
19Trossard
20Jorginho
21Fábio Vieira
24Nelson
25Elneny

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:41 am
Kingralph wrote:

I doubt it - this is the type of game where nketieh shines and then the cringy section of our support comes rushing out telling everyone that he is indeed good enough to play for AFC, and el baque tells the world post game that we dont need toney or osimhen cos we have two of the best strikers in the game :roll: :oops:

No doubt we'll win this - it wont be comfortable at times, and it might be a hard watch for long spells, but in the end we will run out comfortable 3-1 or 4-1 winners with nketieh bagging two
Two!!

Bloody hell im happy to come back here later and admit I’m wrong but I just don’t see Nketiah ever scoring 2 goals in a PL game

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:05 pm
How in fuck's name is that fucking idiot still in goal?
22Raya
4White
2Saliba
15Kiwior
35Zinchenko
10Smith Rowe
41Rice
29Havertz
7Saka
14Nketiah
11Martinelli

Substitutes
1Ramsdale
6Gabriel
8Ødegaard
18Tomiyasu
19Trossard
20Jorginho
21Fábio Vieira
24Nelson
25Elneny
1. He is Spanish
2. Arteta is turning into a latter day Wenger this season and stubbornly refusing to believe he is wrong

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Mr Eboue wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:03 pm
Odergaard on the bench. Good to see ESR get a start.
Finally !

Saka and Emile Smith Rowe :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Saka captain