Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
donaldo

Re: Van Persie saga, officially not extending contract.

Post by donaldo »

Vinny1967 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
Have to say that it should be Arsenal Policy not to sell to our nearest rivals. Take a hit and sell him elsewhere but strengthening our nearest rivals should not be on our agenda.
It makes me laugh so many Gooners slagging off RVP for leaving yet on the other hand saying he has had one good season.FFS make your minds up
Yeah he has had one good season because of his lengthy injuries.
Am not sure of your point. He is a world class player and if he stayed and was injury free he would be a huge asset to The Arsenal :wink: :lol:
He still did you on the rivals bit though mate.

:lol: :wink:
How...........They finished second and we finished third :lol: :wink: 8)

Anyway Nearest rivals can be plural :wink:

Tis a non argument really as I feel we should definitely not be strengthening our rivals for the PL.

:cheers:
We finished 19pts behind Utd and 1pt ahead of the Spuds.I would say they are our nearest rivals are not Utd.

RVP has had one good season if he had stayed fit he would be world class and if your aunt had a dick she would be your uncle :wink:

burns718

Re: Is RVP really a money grabbing asshole or just a realist

Post by burns718 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:5/7/2012

"This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.
"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.
"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.
"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

"I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.
"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."
Sorry but I don't see anything in that statement that could be said to be 'slagging off Wenger and the club'!! :? :roll: Indeed, I'm one of the few gooners that is glad that RVP came out and said something to put the fans in the picture, rather than being reliant on the club's policy of keeping the truth under wraps while trying to convince the fans all was hunky-dory and then springing a surprise on us just before the season starts by saying he's been sold for £15m or whatever. :roll: :evil: At least this way we're prepared.
nothing self serving about this at all, nor is it rude toward the club or wenger!
its just the truth

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Vinny1967 wrote:
burns718 wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
Have to say that it should be Arsenal Policy not to sell to our nearest rivals. Take a hit and sell him elsewhere but strengthening our nearest rivals should not be on our agenda.
It makes me laugh so many Gooners slagging off RVP for leaving yet on the other hand saying he has had one good season.FFS make your minds up
Am not sure of your point. He is a world class player and if he stayed and was injury free he would be a huge asset to The Arsenal :wink: :lol:

his injuries are not HIS fault are they, the ridiculously bad medical care IS arsenals fault!
he owes us nothing
I have never said he Owes us anything, nor have I said it was his fault he got injured :banghead: :banghead:

His statement leaves a very bad taste in my mouth and imo was purely self serving.
finally read the statement again, please could you tell me the point at which he is being self serving, as they appear to be missing form my copy, thanks!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Vinny1967 wrote:
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.''

Personally I would have thought that the Captain of our Club should not have publicly stated that in the same statement that he mentions about wanting to win trophies. This is the only thing I have a problem with Van Persie about.
Would never blame a player for leaving as I don't know what's best for him and his family.

No club would want all their business done in a public way like this and The Arsenal are no different.

I thought it was and is a disgraceful statement to make.
Feck me you must be one precious and very sensitive person if you thing that is disgraceful!! :oops: :oops: Have you led a really sheltered life, Vinny? :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

Still don't understand your point Donaldo.............The nearest rivals thing is plural and my point still stands.......Arsenal should not be strengthening our rivals for the PL.

As for him being world class, I think he is, I never said he would be if he stayed injury free :banghead:

Have you met my Auntie :wink: :lol: :?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:A lot of hypocrites on here methinks - last season the lesbo left to join citeeh and he was (rightfully) slated by all and sundry on here saying that if he really left to win medals then he would have joined manure instead of citeeh but now fast forward a year and rvp has made it known that he won't join citeeh but is meant to be interested in joining manure and we are still saying it is money motivated.........make up yere decking minds ffs :roll: Fact is that rvp made a public statement that was 100% correct and the club have reacted by spending some money in anticipation of his departure and that of a few others. If we had of splashed the cash in other areas of the pitch (DM, left full, back up keeper) that needed correcting then it would have allowed rvp to do a u turn stating his hope that we could now challenge again but of course we only spent money to replace what wee are losing and the key areas are still not addressed but there will be no room for van persie to stay now anyway :( All very handy for those who wish to tag the guy as a mercenary :oops:
I wasn't aware that he declared he doesn't want to join City in any way? As far as I know United are likely to sign him because they're the only club who have bid enough for Arsenal to consider. I don't really see how it makes a difference which Manchester club he joins, in reality he'll be earning around £200k/w anyway and City are actually a better team so joining United instead is no vindication whatsoever. The bloke was apparently willing to go to Juventus, a team that has about as much chance of CL success as we do and play in arguably Europe's 4th-best league, some ambition.

Be as negative as you like but we have signed 3 very good players and RvP has given absolutely no indication that he cares about this at all. When people were saying he should sign a new deal on the basis that he has spent a total of about 4 years picking up considerable pay packets from the treatment table, I was slightly reserved due to him carrying us last year and us being hopeless, but now that we have added some genuinely talented players to our ranks that argument holds far more weight to be honest.

The statement he gave may have hit some difficult home truths but it was completely self-serving. It's a pity, but so many people on here are so concerned with being so smug that they can see through Wenger/Gazidis/the club's propaganda that they don't realise that RvP as an individual is using these doubts to mug the fans off and deflect attention away from his own decision.

As far as I'm concerned he can fuck off. He has acted like a whore throughout the whole summer, the way he's conducted himself has been nothing short of a disgrace. I actually hope he leaves. I by no means like seeing us selling our best players but if we get somewhere around £25m for a player with his age and injury record who has made it clear that he thinks 1.5 good seasons clearly outweighs 6.5 seasons of him accumulating millions at our expense with barely any return (not to mention us taking a huge punt on him given that Feyernoord shipped him out due to his attitude) then frankly he can fuck off. He'll have to have another 2 seasons like last year to justify that fee, and I just don't see him doing that. Oh, and he's a *word censored*.

Abso......fekin......lutely.........top post and I wholeheartedly agree.........just add that if it wasn't the penultimate year of his contract-and his stock rising with every goal-he would have spent more time on his own personal table in the treatment room.

How anyone can blame this on anything bar money (apart from another stick with which to beat Arsenal) then they are more deluded than these so called akb's, it didn't matter who we bought in the transfer market he was always going with the money, likewise if we had offered him £225,000 a week he would stay with us.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.''

Personally I would have thought that the Captain of our Club should not have publicly stated that in the same statement that he mentions about wanting to win trophies. This is the only thing I have a problem with Van Persie about.
Would never blame a player for leaving as I don't know what's best for him and his family.

No club would want all their business done in a public way like this and The Arsenal are no different.

Feck me you must be one precious and very sensitive person if you thing that is disgraceful!! :oops: :oops: Have you led a really sheltered life, Vinny? :rubchin: :lol: :lol: :wink:

so because he is captain he is no longer able to voice his opinions?????

if anything being captain means HE SHOULD voice it when he feels he should!

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

burns718 wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:

"This is an update for the fans about my current situation. I have kept quiet all this time out of respect and loyalty for the club and as agreed with Mr. Gazidis and Mr. Wenger, but since there is so much speculation in the media, I think it is fair for you guys to know what’s really going on at the moment.
"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the Boss and Mr. Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club’s future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.
"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward.
"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

"I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal FC. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch.
"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last 8 years. As soon as Mr. Gazidis is back from his 2-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."
Sorry but I don't see anything in that statement that could be said to be 'slagging off Wenger and the club'!! :? :roll: Indeed, I'm one of the few gooners that is glad that RVP came out and said something to put the fans in the picture, rather than being reliant on the club's policy of keeping the truth under wraps while trying to convince the fans all was hunky-dory and then springing a surprise on us just before the season starts by saying he's been sold for £15m or whatever. :roll: :evil: At least this way we're prepared.
nothing self serving about this at all, nor is it rude toward the club or wenger!
its just the truth
So he did it for us fans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah right :cheers:

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Vinny1967 wrote:
burns718 wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:

its just the truth
So he did it for us fans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah right :cheers:
no he did it because he wants to win things, and felt that making that public was the best way forward!
are you naive enough to think that the players play to win things for you? they do it to win for themselves

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

I Hate Hleb wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:

Maybe I have :lol: :wink:

Yeah as Captain I don't think he should have made that statement.
The way the Club have treated him down the years they did not deserve that. He should have just told the club he would not be signing the contract and when he leaves I would have wished him well.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

If it was just about the money then he would go to Man City, PSG or one of the Russian clubs with plenty of dough!! Yes, he'll be well paid if he goes to United but the one thing you can't escape is the fact that he'd also most probably be in a better position to win trophies there as well. Therefore on that basis the accusation that it's 'just for the money' doesn't stand up for me.

burns718

Post by burns718 »

Vinny1967 wrote:
I Hate Hleb wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:

Maybe I have :lol: :wink:

Yeah as Captain I don't think he should have made that statement.
The way the Club have treated him down the years they did not deserve that. He should have just told the club he would not be signing the contract and when he leaves I would have wished him well.

i dont understand your point "the way the club have treated him" as if they have raised him from the gutter and turned him into the king of the world!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Vinny1967 wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
donaldo wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
He still did you on the rivals bit though mate.

:lol: :wink:
How...........They finished second and we finished third :lol: :wink: 8)

Anyway Nearest rivals can be plural :wink:

Tis a non argument really as I feel we should definitely not be strengthening our rivals for the PL.

:lol:

I would say that you're digging a hole for yourself mate, but then I might be accused of racism.

:rubchin: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:If it was just about the money then he would go to Man City, PSG or one of the Russian clubs with plenty of dough!! Yes, he'll be well paid if he goes to United but the one thing you can't escape is the fact that he'd also most probably be in a better position to win trophies there as well. Therefore on that basis the accusation that it's 'just for the money' doesn't stand up for me.

IT IS JUST ABOUT THE MONEY.........is that clearer............. :roll: :lol:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

[quote=burns]
finally read the statement again, please could you tell me the point at which he is being self serving, as they appear to be missing form my copy, thanks![/quote]

Why do you think he issued the statement disagreeing with Wenger and the Board and announcing he would not be signing another contract Burns ?????

I suppose that's what it boils down to. I believe his statement was self serving.

Others may think he did it to force Wenger into buying :lol: , or he released the statement to appease the fans :lol: