Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Aaron Ramsey

Post by northbank123 »

Re Ramsey I do feel he is villified far too much. Despite the shambles for both defensive goals and painfully missing the few good chances we created, Ramsey (who hardly had a blinder but equally not a complete stinker) was somehow singled out for criticism in certain quarters above others who deserved it far more.

At the end of the day he's not really good enough for AFC at the moment, he certainly wasn't last year and he probably never will be. That said, it's not really his fault that Wenger has failed to assemble a good enough squad and that he still found himself thrust into an unfamiliar yet tactically pivotal role in our side last year despite being bang off-form.

Might be frustrating to see him playing so often but you can't call the guy's character into question. I would be disgusted by a Spurs fan wishing he had broken both legs so the comment above was absolutely shocking.

He's not a user interested in nothing but his engorged paycheck. He's a lad from a very modest social background, he worked very hard to get where he was and then after suffering an absolutely horrific injury in shocking circumstances (particularly the press' support of that Orc thug) he worked extremely hard and spent tough spells at Forest and Cardiff in order to try and get himself back in the frame. To compound this he was thrust into the role of Cesc's replacement and thrown the role of captain of a failing national team.

I acknowledge the frustration that he's got so much game time last 14 months or so but that doesn't even nearly come close to justifying some of the personal abuse and particularly moronic comments wishing further injuries upon him.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

IMO Rambo still hasn't fully recovered from the Shawcross incident, as he is definitely a far better footballer than he's currently showing us altho we are seeing glimpses and if you think back to before that day he was in excellent form and improving with every game, so there's no doubt the lad has talent and surely deserves some empathy after having both bones in his lower leg broken, he certainly doesn't deserve abuse, especially from us, we're Arsenal ffs the lad choose us over Utd even tho they were offering more money!!!

BTW Sid - Stoke fans have been labelled as scum on here for mocking the lad's horrific injury, for you to do it is nothing short of an absolute disgrace, and I frankly cannot believe that someone on here has said that :shock: especially about someone as benign as Aaron Ramsey, I don't care what anyone sez, you're no Gooner :!:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I struggled to see what Ramsey brought to us pre Shawcross ,post he brings nothing .

I also see massive hypocrisy from the mods on this one nipping in to edit out something from one of their pals whilst Red gets banned for the minor offense of perceived wumming .

Sad Day all round here but like Sid I am mystified by Wengers team selection ,angered by the sloppy defending,stupyfied by our tactics ,and well I'm No longer shocked at Wengers ridiculous substitutions !

And having said all that we should have had a point ,could have won !

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Herd wrote:I struggled to see what Ramsey brought to us pre Shawcross ,post he brings nothing .

I also see massive hypocrisy from the mods on this one nipping in to edit out something from one of their pals whilst Red gets banned for the minor offense of perceived wumming .

Sad Day all round here but like Sid I am mystified by Wengers team selection ,angered by the sloppy defending,stupyfied by our tactics ,and well I'm No longer shocked at Wengers ridiculous substitutions !

And having said all that we should have had a point ,could have won !
Herd, before you level anymore accusations of favouritism I can tell you Sid has been banned for a week and I should imagine that any further transgressions would or could see him also banned for life, and just in case you were wondering, Red had six previous warnings that I can count and two temporary bans before he was banned permanently, so you or he cannot cry foul on that issue!

I didn't necessarily mind Red Member that much but there again I don't spend as much time in here as most of the other mods do and I'll tell you why Herd in the hope that you take a step back, and that is that modding this place is no joke and can reduce your enjoyment of the site, which responsibility inevitably does, and can in fact be a right pain in the arse at times, so you tend to take a dim view on users who despite repeated warnings seem to be intent on making your life harder by tryin to stir things up, not in the heat of the moment, but by design, in an already volatile atmosphere!

I know by your posts Herd that you are a pretty moderate person yourself so can I just I remind you that the mods are here to carry out the express instructions of the administrator who was so utterly pissed off with the lot of us "children" that he came within an inch of closing the site down permanently because of the flak he was getting which he reminded us was hugely unwelcome when he's tryin to meet the magazine deadlines!

augie

Post by augie »

I'm not getting this defence of red member tbh - he wasnt banned for silly comments about denilson and nor was he banned for ridiculous comments about walnut but was, in my opinion anyway, banned for countless bullshit remarks designed to get a reaction from others on here :roll: At least sid's comments, which were totally out of order btw, were said as part of lashing out after another frustrating weekend (at least I hope that he didnt genuinely feel that way) and were not said to wind others up. For me there is a world of difference between somebody posting comments that are just wrong and somebody who has no interest in bringing any type of genuine debate or discussion to this place and for me sid has been on here long enough and posted more than enough times to have shown himself to be a genuine Gooner and he should not be lumped in with a w****r like red :roll:

Saying all that I do hope that you do apologise sid cos it wasnt right what you said :(

augie

Post by augie »

Btw, call me mad (and most people do :oops: ), but I still wont write off ramsey - when he got done by the stoke neanderthal ramsey was just beginning to make his mark on the team and the injury set back is clearly still affecting him. How much latitude he should be allowed for that I dont know and I do realise that at some point the head has to over-rule the heart but I aint at that point yet and still hope that he can come good for the team

Herd

Post by Herd »

Didnt ask him to be banned either ,as for me I've toned it down in response to others doing the same ........which is nice !

AFCjames

Post by AFCjames »

SteveO 35 wrote:
AFCjames wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote: 4.He gets no more abuse then any of the other passengers. Infact he gets less because he broke his leg.
He gets the most abuse where I sit in the clock end along with Gervinho (there's some odd views on him)

I also read several forums, twitter etc and again his name always crops up the most when we have a bad game.

I will judge him at the end of the season, that's given him 2 years to prove his case.

I also take the point about him fading in the second half/latter part of the game. I agree fully with this, and his fitness has to get better soon.
Just read the Diaby thread if you want to see abuse mate. Mikey's last comment is a prime example. Not sure I've heard "fuck off wanker" thrown in Ramsey's direction yet

I'm not going to bite though
I havent had chance to read the Diaby thread yet. What i originally said was based on viewing different sites and hearing different things. Ramsey received several death threats last year on twitter and ive heard similar things to "f**k off ramsey" around the bowl.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

AFCjames wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
AFCjames wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote: 4.He gets no more abuse then any of the other passengers. Infact he gets less because he broke his leg.
He gets the most abuse where I sit in the clock end along with Gervinho (there's some odd views on him)

I also read several forums, twitter etc and again his name always crops up the most when we have a bad game.

I will judge him at the end of the season, that's given him 2 years to prove his case.

I also take the point about him fading in the second half/latter part of the game. I agree fully with this, and his fitness has to get better soon.
Just read the Diaby thread if you want to see abuse mate. Mikey's last comment is a prime example. Not sure I've heard "fuck off wanker" thrown in Ramsey's direction yet

I havent had chance to read the Diaby thread yet. What i originally said was based on viewing different sites and hearing different things. Ramsey received several death threats last year on twitter and ive heard similar things to "f**k off ramsey" around the bowl.
Football crowd tells underperforming player to fuck off shocker!

:roll: :D :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arseofacrow wrote:
AFCjames wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
AFCjames wrote:

Football crowd tells underperforming player to fuck off shocker!

:roll: :D :wink:
Which would be fine but everybody on here claims that they never shout stuff like that at one of their own. Same sort of people that run to the nearest copper or steward if the player turns round and flicks them a V sign back

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

flash gunner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:So can I just re-establish the forum rules - "fuck off wanker" to Abou Diaby from Mikey is fine. Wishing that a current Arsenal player had both legs broken by Shawcross - fine

Making a couple of silly comments about Denilson being his favourite midfielder - lifetime ban for Red.

Makes the FA's decision to ban Terry for 4 games for calling someone a black *word censored*, whilst banning Barton for 12 games for losing the plot logical now
Youre right SteveO the comments above arent acceptable

But Stevo - If you wore a scum shirt around your house i would call you a wanker!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Ramsey is worse than Cazorla, Arteta, Diaby, Wilshere, Walcott, Ox. He gives the ball away and keeps making mistakes. Only problem is Diaby is injury prone and wont feature much this season.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

jrthgooner wrote:I agree with all of the points you have made here. People are far to quick to jump up and abuse him which is wrong when the mistakes he makes are identical of those around him.

Given the Diaby injury (even the slightest thing keeps him out for a month at a time) it would seem Ramsey will be playing a far more important role now and we should get behind him all of the way
AFCjames wrote:Sorry if there is already another thread on this but i would like to make several points about the boy.

1. He's a Central midfield player so why play him out wide? two massively different positions
2. Ramsey never stops running unlike several players, always making the effort
3. Fans are too quickly to jump on his back. He tries a through ball doesn't work and people are shouting crap like 'sell him, he's f***in useless'. Cazorla tries a through ball and it doesn't work 'unlucky, your still class'. I'm not comparing the two players just using examples of what I heard yesterday.
4. I'm not a Ramsey fan boy, just feel the lad gets too much abuse when actually he doesn't do that much wrong and there are others that some weeks play a lot worse than he does.

Once again, apologies if there is another thread on Ramsey
Barriecuda wrote:lol Here we go again.

It should speak to his quality that the manager is willing to play him in a variety of roles. That's not easy. He's actually looked pretty good out wide IMO, when he dropped into the mid to make up for Diaby's injury against Chavski we lost a bit of an edge I think (partly because the gameplan revolved around Diaby's presence, and without him we weren't set up to cope with them).

Anyway, he gets way too much hate considering his age, inexperience, and potential.
So we should give Ramsey "time" and be "patient" yet many on here have already written off Giroud? :banghead:
Last edited by DarylAFC on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rudytel

Post by rudytel »

Still not sure about Ramsey. At times he can look brilliant and really affect games but more often than not he
Looks out his depth. I've been guilty of the odd "fuck off Ramsey" when he's been dispossessed or given the ball
Away cheaply but I wanna see this guy do well coz he always puts in a shift, imo currently a good squad member.

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

rudytel wrote:Still not sure about Ramsey. At times he can look brilliant and really affect games but more often than not he
Looks out his depth. I've been guilty of the odd "fuck off Ramsey" when he's been dispossessed or given the ball
Away cheaply but I wanna see this guy do well coz he always puts in a shift, imo currently a good squad member.
I think most people have yelled their fare share of insults at him, even when the majority don't really mean it. Things happen when the red mist goes down. So frustrating to watch him play.