Tickets for away matches, harder to come by.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mistical92

Re: Tickets for away matches, harder to come by.

Post by Mistical92 »

Tickets will be £50+ as well, might put a few off, especially those going to Monaco.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

One other factor is crap like this.

https://twitter.com/BarnyAFC/status/568094137624489984

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

What exactly is wrong with that?

They support Arsenal just like you do.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Robin_L wrote:What exactly is wrong with that?

They support Arsenal just like you do.
Finding glee in the fact that other supporters cannot attend matches is not on. Neither is them officially offering tickets to those who aren't members of the supporters club.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Them taking "glee" is your own interpretation of that, I don't share it. They're just taking advantage of a fixture that's more geographically local to them.

As for your 2nd point, this match will go down to Red Members anyway (and then some, may barely sell out), the fact that Arsenal Manchester are taking a bunch more people is of no consequence. Any Gooner around the country who wants a ticket to this has a high chance of getting one.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Sorry but they are wankers, punching the air at fellow supporters expense.

No class, Manc Scum.

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Met a bunch of them in Milan a few years ago, seemed like a good bunch of lads! Just think their happy that their guaranteed tickets to a big game right on their doorstep

Chips and Chocolate

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

The bloke who runs it is a prize A *word censored*, no time for him and his crownies. Fucking hell who makes jackets with their names printed on the back.
Bet he still lives at his mum's, the muppet

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

It's fucking scandalous that these so called supporters clubs get so many tickets, it's not even compulsory to be an AFC Supporters Club member. They had 89 tickets for QPR, Scum away tickets available to STs with only 10 friggin credits & they offers spares to friends & relatives. So will please someone explain why this is perfectly acceptable & doesn't put them in the category of Class A :censored: :banghead: :banghead:

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

It is irritating I guess for those of us not in their clique, but if it was 89 for QPR that's not a massive proportion out of 1800.

Henry is a Gooner

Post by Henry is a Gooner »

They announced the 89 on Twitter & in my reckoning that's a shade under 5% to AMSC alone, don't forget this lot as well who are less conspicuous without those yellow jackets http://www.arsenal.com/supportersclubs/ ... bs-europe/

It would seem that living 200 miles away & depositing £50 in AMSC's bank account would give me a better chance of getting an away ticket than I get from paying AFC £1300 & attending every home game :banghead: :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I can't see the club selling 9k+ tickets on a Mon night game that's on TV, would be shocked if either club agreed to it.
Of course they will sell 9k, think about the fans who want an extra credit to push them up towards three for future cup finals. I am seriously considering going, but I am lucky run my own business.

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:I can't see the club selling 9k+ tickets on a Mon night game that's on TV, would be shocked if either club agreed to it.
Of course they will sell 9k, think about the fans who want an extra credit to push them up towards three for future cup finals. I am seriously considering going, but I am lucky run my own business.

Tickets sold out this morning to silver members!!

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Well, Newcastle away sold out to members with +5 credits this morning, even this fixture, which was apparently easy to get txs for, sells out before I can get one. I'm even considering joining one of those supporters clubs you talk about on this thread, I don't think I'll ever be able to get 5 credits at this rate! :cry: :cry:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

valdemordor wrote:Well, Newcastle away sold out to members with +5 credits this morning, even this fixture, which was apparently easy to get txs for, sells out before I can get one. I'm even considering joining one of those supporters clubs you talk about on this thread, I don't think I'll ever be able to get 5 credits at this rate! :cry: :cry:
Probably because it happened to be 3 o'clock - the only kick-off time where people can get up and back easily and convenient for getting smashed. Plus not being on TV too.