The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Block93

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by Block93 »

Anyone catch that tosspot McManaman on BT Sport about Alexis' goal? He wasn't having that it was one of the best ever Cup Final goals, because it was basically "a goalkeeping error". A comment supported by the BT Sport team. (Who have got the Champions League rights next season.)

Expect the following high quality analysis from September ......"Messi? Overrated. All left foot and can't tackle" or "Ronaldo? Selfish, greedy player playing in a weak league."

Classic.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

What an incredible day. One of the criticisms I've had of modern day Arsenal is that we don't put away some of the poor teams that we should but tonight evey player on the team stood up and was counted and got the job done comfortably
. Sanchez deserves a special mention, even at some of the worse moments of the season he has been quality, and his goal tonight was one you'll see again and again. Overall the entire team were brilliant. :barscarf:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Got home an hour ago. What a F*****g Brilliant day. Superb atmosphere and brilliant all round performance. Well done Wenger you got this one absolutely spot on. Enjoying motd highlights :barscarf: :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Block93 wrote:Anyone catch that tosspot McManaman on BT Sport about Alexis' goal? He wasn't having that it was one of the best ever Cup Final goals, because it was basically "a goalkeeping error". A comment supported by the BT Sport team. (Who have got the Champions League rights next season.)
Yeah, this really fucked me off (and actually shocked me). The goal's right up there as one of the greatest ever final goals in my opinion. The ball was hit out of nowhere, at great speed, and it swerved and dipped right at the last minute - would be shocked if there were any 'keeper in the land who could've done anything about that one. Really odd analysis, but the pundits and commentators on both channels were awful all day.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Agree about Walcott and Ramsay,Ramsay especially average. First touch v poor at times.Both good enough today but wouldn't want to be depending on them.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Ah fuck off me and drink my beer. Will do.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Am i on the right forum? Praise,Plaudits and everyone in good humour :D instead of the usual miserable gits.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

No need for words !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Sanchez......nothing on when he got the ball.....Theo was blocked by a Villa defender, Ramsey was marked by two defenders....had no idea Sanchez would shoot, thought he would pass it to the right to try a different route...then......classic goal!

Theo did well up front, yes he had some chances that were saved and the late chip which went wide and high, but his movement was good, and he took his goal very well, left foot blast.

Agbonlahor should have had a penalty from Coquelin's late lunge, otherwise Coquelin and Cazorla made Delph and Grealish seem anonymous.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Sanchez......nothing on when he got the ball.....Theo was blocked by a Villa defender, Ramsey was marked by two defenders....had no idea Sanchez would shoot, thought he would pass it to the right to try a different route...then......classic goal!

Theo did well up front, yes he had some chances that were saved and the late chip which went wide and high, but his movement was good, and he took his goal very well, left foot blast.

Agbonlahor should have had a penalty from Coquelin's late lunge, otherwise Coquelin and Cazorla made Delph and Grealish seem anonymous.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Thanks to whoever it is that has the avatar, I just can't see that iconic image of Charlie George anymore without thinking about the boner. :evil:
:oops: :oops:

Sorry, cant remember if it was a blog somewhere that I got it from, rather amuses me :oops:

Anyway, buzzing after such a suprb performance. Wally and Alexis goals were both very special technique wise, really warmed to Ozil today, usual sublime touches, but he was seemingly playing for the team for once.

To say Rambo had a disappointing match sums up what a great game everyone else had.

For once I really was impressed with Arsene. Its easy of course when you win, but felt he was superbly dignified at the end of the game, got the whole game plan right IMHO.

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

:barscarf: :barscarf:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

QuartzGooner wrote: Agbonlahor should have had a penalty from Coquelin's late lunge, otherwise Coquelin and Cazorla made Delph and Grealish seem anonymous.
The foul was outside the box, probably should've had one when Grealish was pulled down though.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I was in the upper tier and when sanchez hit that shot it took such a weird trajectory I could have sworn that it took a deflection. The fact it swerved like an outswinger from Jimmy Anderson makes it one of the great cup final goals imo. Great performance from the team. Honestly never felt more confident of winning a cup final in all my years of supporting the club.

I would normally be on my way to the trophy parade but I too pissed and going back to bed!