The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: The FA Cup Final: The Arsenal v A.Villa

Post by Bradywasking »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Just the perfect day out. Thank you Arsenal.

But...........and there's always a but, I cannot believe that some of our fans left before the end.
Some bloke walked past me and I said 'Please tell me you're not fucking leaving?'
No answer, just a sheepish look at the floor. And even those leaving between the end of the game and the trophy presentation need a check up from the neck up. Inexcusable

The noise when Theo hit the back of the net will stay with me for a long long time.

Hungover but feeling fucking brilliant :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Watching TV I thought I was seeing things but there were a few empty seats together in the Arsenal end between full time and presentation..Not many I must say..but it looked odd.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

It's time for England's cricketers to provide me with frustration and anxiety for a couple of months instead :barscarf:

should be in the very premature Community shield thread

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

As I have only really just sobered up after yesterday.... may I just say A BIG WELL DONE TO THE ARSENAL!!
The best I have seen them play for a long,long time. A real top performance and our big players turned up on the big day, and for once I will say... there's only one got his tactics spot on. :shock:
Still buzzing... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

An excellent, complete performance. Outstanding. 8)

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

That was the most relaxing Final I think I've watched - totally outclassed them and never in doubt. Congrats to the all!

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

g88ner wrote:An excellent, complete performance. Outstanding. 8)

^^^^this^^^^

Am still wankered :lol:

WENGER OUT :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

good win

good decisions by Wenger
good performances all round

BUT now I am sober again :lol: :lol: we did have very easy FA Cup final opponents.
dont suddenly think this makes us title challengers

augie

Post by augie »

I said already that I too would have picked wally at centre forward on Saturday (best option from poor choices) because wemberley is too big of a pitch for an immobile centre forward. That being said I absolutely dispute the notion that wally played well at centre forward -
at centre forward he had 2 great chances and 1 good chance, and he fcuked up all 3
when he moved to the left wing he had 1 hard chance and he buried it......with his left foot :shock:

People look at the fact that he started centre forward and scored a goal, but they fail to recognise that he wasn't playing centre forward when he scored it. He was moved to what I would consider his natural position on the wing (albeit the left side instead of the right) and if he had of been centre forward at that time we wouldn't have scored the goal cos he certainly wouldn't have won the header that sanchez did to set him up 8) I also think that the fans are looking at his hat-trick against a shit baggies team when analysing his performance on Saturday, instead of looking at his 1 goal from 4/5 chances ratio - wally will never be a natural striker imo and certainly not in a lone striker roll, and if the victims coughed up 25m in the summer then I would still sell him

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Fantastic performance, fanstastic atmosphere ; great to see so many fans wearing yellow in our end.

The celebrations when Theo smahed that one into the corner out our end were absolutely mental

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:I said already that I too would have picked wally at centre forward on Saturday (best option from poor choices) because wemberley is too big of a pitch for an immobile centre forward. That being said I absolutely dispute the notion that wally played well at centre forward -
at centre forward he had 2 great chances and 1 good chance, and he fcuked up all 3
when he moved to the left wing he had 1 hard chance and he buried it......with his left foot :shock:

People look at the fact that he started centre forward and scored a goal, but they fail to recognise that he wasn't playing centre forward when he scored it. He was moved to what I would consider his natural position on the wing (albeit the left side instead of the right) and if he had of been centre forward at that time we wouldn't have scored the goal cos he certainly wouldn't have won the header that sanchez did to set him up 8) I also think that the fans are looking at his hat-trick against a shit baggies team when analysing his performance on Saturday, instead of looking at his 1 goal from 4/5 chances ratio - wally will never be a natural striker imo and certainly not in a lone striker roll, and if the victims coughed up 25m in the summer then I would still sell him
the only reason I wouldnt let him got to Liverpool is that we would get Sterling in exchange - I would much rather keep Walcott tbh

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Monday 1st June 2015.

I have had a bitch of a morning in work - BUT I am still "Buzzing" and Smiling. :D :D :D

I Love You Arsenal - I Really Do.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:Monday 1st June 2015.

I have had a bitch of a morning in work - BUT I am still "Buzzing" and Smiling. :D :D :D

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bank Holiday here but it has been pissing rain all fcuking day :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:

Bank Holiday here but it has been pissing rain all fcuking day :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :cussing: :cussing:
At least it gave you something to moan about :lol: :wink:

Dodgyknee71

Post by Dodgyknee71 »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

https://www.facebook.com/#

Love this !!

Just a shame denilson wasn't involved

:barscarf: :barscarf: