Bergkamp statue

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Bergkamp statue

Post by StuartL »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -unveiling

As per Arsenal. com

Statue of the great man due to be unveiled before the Sunderland match, also confirmed he will be present too (bring your boots Dennis !!)

Am three quarters through his book and will just add that everybody says what a great thinker he is, we need him back at our club as a coach asap.

Steviegooner

Re: Bergkamp statue

Post by Steviegooner »

Legend and we'll deserved....

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Was listening to a story about him today where he was talking about making a killer pass to a team mate. Basically his philosophy was ' I'll put the ball where it should be and it's up to you if you want to get in that position or not'

Dennis was and probably always will be the greatest player ever to grace the shirt.....imo :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

bearing in mind we've already got three statues outside the bowl, do we need another? we'll soon have so many statues it'll end up looking like the terracotta army outside guarding our ground :shock:

still, he was a fucking genius, and some of the things he did on the pitch were spectacular. my favourite being the assist for ljunberg to score v juve in 2001 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:bearing in mind we've already got three statues outside the bowl, do we need another? we'll soon have so many statues it'll end up looking like the terracotta army outside guarding our ground :shock:

still, he was a fucking genius, and some of the things he did on the pitch were spectacular. my favourite being the assist for ljunberg to score v juve in 2001 8)
That's also his favourite assist too, he waited and waited for Freddie to get in the right position then dink, played him in with just the keeper to beat.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Absolute genius, Arsenal legend and adores the club.....love to see him back in some/major capacity. Have to confess though finding his book slightly hard work.....does that make me a bad person as I absolutely love the bloke!? :?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Best ive seen in the shirt 8) a true gooner who didnt have his head turned by anyone :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Lee1 wrote:Absolute genius, Arsenal legend and adores the club.....love to see him back in some/major capacity. Have to confess though finding his book slightly hard work.....does that make me a bad person as I absolutely love the bloke!? :?

Me too and I feel dirty even saying that :oops:

The man was an absolute genius and it's a travesty that his goal in geordieland has never got the widespread acclaim it deserved - best goal bar none in the premiership era :barscarf: :barscarf:

It's a disgrace that a short arsed injury prone drunk ass jackeen has been allowed to sully the name by associating it with himself :wink:

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

augie wrote:
Lee1 wrote:Absolute genius, Arsenal legend and adores the club.....love to see him back in some/major capacity. Have to confess though finding his book slightly hard work.....does that make me a bad person as I absolutely love the bloke!? :?

The man was an absolute genius and it's a travesty that his goal in geordieland has never got the widespread acclaim it deserved - best goal bar none in the premiership era :barscarf: :barscarf:

It's a disgrace that a short arsed injury prone drunk ass jackeen has been allowed to sully the name by associating it with himself :wink:
Augie,thank fuck for that...glad it's just not me! was working myself up into a self hate frenzy!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I have a feeling we'll be standing outside the bowl at 11.30........Mrs SteveO's all time favourite Gooner

Dennis is to Mrs SteveO, what Abou is to me :D

:barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:

Not enough paragraphs for you Augie? :wink:

Deserves a statue-absolute legend-and I quite enjoyed the book!

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

StuartL wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:bearing in mind we've already got three statues outside the bowl, do we need another? we'll soon have so many statues it'll end up looking like the terracotta army outside guarding our ground :shock:

That's also his favourite assist too, he waited and waited for Freddie to get in the right position then dink, played him in with just the keeper to beat.
Well there's plenty of room for a few more but they need to delve into the history a bit further. Brady, Drake, Buchan? Arsenal was here before '96!

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Well I hope they've coated it in some kind of jizz proof resin.

Cos its gonna get wanked on.

A lot.

Single greatest player to ever lace up a pair of football boots bar none.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Haven't agreed with an awful lot of Ian Wright's comments over the last few years but I remember seeing him on Soccer AM about two years ago.

They asked him about Dennis and he just said "Dennis Bergkamp is the best signing Arsenal have ever, and will ever make". That was it.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

IMHO Dennis was the Best foreign player to play in the EPL bar none.

I always think he should of started in the CL final.

No coincidence that we've won nothing since he left.